Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Director of Product Management to own the success of Twilio’s product offering in the healthcare segment. The Director of Product Management is responsible for analyzing, synthesizing and delivering on the unique product requirements of healthcare companies such as HIPAA compliance in the US. This person will be critical in providing leadership to other product teams and partnering with multiple cross-functional groups to establish and execute the Healthcare roadmap across all Twilio products.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated advanced experience devising and implementing a cross-functional healthcare compliance roadmap as well as experience building a go-to-market plan. This person will be responsible for leading the charge to identify gaps and define requirements necessary to achieve HIPAA compliance for Twilio’s product suite, and, upon achieving HIPAA compliance, to partner with the go-to-market organization to effectively sell Twilio’s products into the healthcare space.
You will have:
- 10+ years of experience working in product development roles
- 5+ years working experience with healthcare data compliance regulations and program implementations
- BS or MS in a relevant field such as computer science; advanced degrees preferred
- Direct experience in building high-functioning teams
- Experience in healthcare technology and related data privacy requirements, including a robust understanding of HIPAA, HITRUST and other healthcare-related regulations and frameworks
- A deep understanding of the requirements to achieve HIPAA compliance and the ability to manage the implementation of a large scale program across multiple products, team and locations
- Practical understanding of IT security compliance, risk management and information security principles including access control, network security, information security architecture, information security operations, and leading practices and associated tools in a cloud environment (AWS)
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, critical thinking and project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Positive, energetic personality, comfortable in front of groups/customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As the Director of Product Management dedicated to achieving healthcare compliance, you will:
- Develop and own implementation of the roadmap for achieving HIPAA compliance for all of Twilio’s products
- Partner with other Twilio product teams to ensure alignment and manage the end-to-end implementation of HIPAA compliance for Twilio
- Help develop and integrate HIPAA compliance requirements into Twilio’s processes (e.g., change control, mergers and acquisitions) and life cycle activities
- Identify and manage risks and work with teams to identify appropriate solutions
- Communicate the HIPAA risk posture to leadership on a scheduled basis
- Follow up on deficiencies identified in monitoring reviews, self-assessments, automated assessments, and internal and external audits to ensure appropriate remediation is implemented timely
- Provide ongoing guidance and consultation to the organization to promote a progressive and sustainable HIPAA compliance initiative
- Establish a go-to-market strategy for Twilio’s HIPAA-compliant products
This role is central to Twilio's continued expansion and desire to serve all client segments. You will work closely with senior leadership, other product teams and functions in a highly visible role with significant impact on the overall direction of the company. Being able to serve the healthcare market is an important part of Twilio’s overall strategy and will help open large new commercial opportunities for the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn. (TBU)
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.