Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Account Executive who is motivated to join the leader in the fast-growing Cloud Communications market. Successful account executives are motivated to develop solutions-based sales skills and relentlessly exceed customer expectations.
- 3+ years of experience in a SaaS/Telecom selling space
- Demonstrated success owning your own book of business and directly selling a product or service for at least 3 years.
- Employ a solution-selling methodology to facilitate customer evaluations and to help them understand Twilio’s unique differentiation.
- Experience in managing all aspects of your business by keeping up-to-date records of Activities, Opportunities and Accounts in our CRM.
- Work diligently with cross functional teams in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Pricing and Operations to design mutually beneficial contracts to address customer requirements and balance the needs of our business.
- Meet and exceed quarterly expected ARR targets.
- Demonstrate empathy and build trust in all internal and external relationships.
- Be responsible for building and maintaining sufficient pipeline coverage.
- Provide on-boarding support and customer service to new and existing clients large and small.
- Interested in understanding the cloud computing/communications business model and are excited about the prospect of selling to a technical audience.
- Embrace a solution-oriented approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy from you.
- Cultivated your interpersonal and communication skills. You have the ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sounds simple.
- Possess the ability to listen first and add value in every conversation.
- Comfortable in a high tempo environment with many priorities and have the ability to effectively manage your own time.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Creative. Team-player. Eager to deliver excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years' of experience.
- We have a very large addressable market and a high volume of customers that are eager to work with us to develop new and innovative communications workflows with our API. This position is responsible for qualifying projects, helping customers build applications and closing deals in an inclusive and collaborative team environment.
- You'll be working with customers across all verticals to understand their business and technical requirements. You will need to understand the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that together you can design a solution for their specific use case needs.
- Our customers are often software engineers, application owners, product managers, line of business executives, VP’s of innovation, omni-channel and digital strategy stakeholders of some of the most dynamic start-ups, digital economy companies, and mid-sized commercial companies. You must be capable of communicating at all levels of the customer organization to developers, managers, and executives.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 3280 Peachtree Road NE (Buckhead Region) in Atlanta. While working in our newest office, you’ll enjoy fully stocked snacks and drinks. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.