Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join the Account Security Support team in our Bogotá, Colombia office; supporting our customers’ use of our Account Security products, including Authy and Verify. In this role you will be an owner of the customer experience and deliver technical support with the “wearing the customer’s shoes” approach. You will demonstrate technical competency, empathy, and professionalism in your interactions with customers via email, phone, and Twitter. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s Account Security products.
Twilio is looking for a customer focused Support Engineer with demonstrated track record of providing excellent customer or technical support. We seek someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Demonstrated history of customer focus and empathy
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums
- Ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and have demonstrated your dedication to the customer experience
- Proven advanced time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, and are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes and procedures
- Ability to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at ruthless prioritization
- Demonstrated ability to make teams better:
- Experience being inclusive, while working with team members in different geographic locations and time zones.
- Demonstrated ability to identify process and team improvements, innovation and “Drawing the Owl” to creatively solve problems
- Proven documentation ability to “write it down” to create and curate internal and external documentation
- Track record of empowering others to succeed
As an Account Security Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Be an owner while helping our customers to use our Account Security products and answering questions related to their 2FA configurations, Authy, Verify, and ensuring that they are able to understand and get the most out of their Twilio experience
- Use your strong diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide feedback
- Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems
- Leverage your experience with troubleshooting and resolving Quality of Service (QoS) issues
- Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible defects
- Spend time reviewing internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards
- Work to surface and document customer pain points to assist in process improvement
- Ensure that our customers feel secure in our ability to resolve issues for them when they occur in a timely fashion
We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, and this position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs). This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customer’s needs are met.
The Account Security support team is vital to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with engineering and product to ensure that Account Security products are effectively securing our customers’ and partners’ applications, and providing valuable Verification and Look Up services.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Bogotá, Colombia. You will enjoy our office perks: snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.