Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Security Risk & Trust team is growing and we’re looking for someone to bring in the necessary expertise to move Twilio’s Policy & Awareness efforts to the next level. You will be challenged to participate in forming the vision, priorities and plans for the program, which oversees the Trust & Security policy set. You’ll also be responsible for implementing security training for the entire company. You will work closely with all Trust & Security teams, as well as Engineering, IT, Facilities, Human Resources, and Legal.
Twilio is looking for exceptional security specialists who meet the following requirements:
- Excellent technical writing and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to comprehend security controls and communicate to enterprise wide audience
- Knowledge and experience with security standards (e.g. ISO 27001, NIST, PCI, SOC 2, etc)
- Process and detail oriented to manage policy & training lifecycle
- Demonstrated success as a cross-functional partner in the security space
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good security practices with the community
- 2+ years in a security risk management role, preferably at a technology company
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or equivalent experience
- Security certifications are a plus (e.g. CISA, CISSP, etc)
As a Policy & Awareness Senior Specialist, you can expect to fill your days by:
- Participating in the design, development, and implementation of a policy and awareness program to meet internal and external requirements
- Communicating security policies and training content enterprise wide
- Managing the policy lifecycle and holding subject matter experts accountable to providing updates to policies
- Overseeing rolling security training at the right time to the right people
- Engaging with cross-functional partners to improve policies and training materials
At Twilio, we believe ensuring that everyone within the company has a standard set of security expectations and are trained on those expectations is the keystone for a successful security organization. That’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco
and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.