Because you belong at Twilio
VP Global Total Rewards
The VP of Global Total Rewards will play a critical role in the success of the company. This person will be responsible for worldwide communication and administration of the Company's Rewards programs.
About the job:
The objective of this role will be to orchestrate industry leading and innovative rewards programs to ensure that Twilio continues to attract and retain the best talent in the world. Our employees need to be deeply engaged, motivated and happy as they continue to build for our continued global growth.
- Work closely with the Chief People Officer to develop and present Rewards philosophy, objectives and overall deliverables to Executive Leadership, the Twilio leadership team, HR Leadership team, and the Board and Compensation Committee.
- Direct the global strategic design, planning, implementation, communication and administration of the full range of compensation, benefit and Wellness programs, including: Base Pay, Incentives, Equity, ESPP, and healthcare benefits.
- Act as key advisor on M&A activities including international activities.
- Keep abreast of regulations that impact Rewards such as Sarbanes-Oxley, FLSA, Title VII, FAS 123R, SEC regulations, FMLA, IRS rules and regulations, ERISA, DOL, Pension Protection Act, Section 409A, Safe Harbor rules, etc.
- Continually evaluate and question the effectiveness of the Company's benefit, retirement, wellness and compensation programs and procedures to ensure that they support the Company's strategic business objectives and serve our demographics globally.
- Lead the annual compensation planning cycles, providing expert counsel on the design, development, and administration of Executive, sales and employee compensation programs, salary structures, base salary adjustments, and short and long-term incentive plans.
- Provide insight, technical analysis, and policy support to achieve equitable and competitive compensation and benefit programs.
- Oversee the development and execution of the communication plan to inform employees of the value of and modifications to the Company's benefits, compensation, retirement and related programs.
- Create innovative programs and processes in all three areas: Recognition, benefits and Wellness, through partnership with outside entities and experts and a strong, creative internal team to create an effective and efficient delivery model.
- Ensure that appropriate benchmarking is completed and presented to Executive management on a timely basis.
- Focus on innovation, thinking “outside the box”, creativity and value-add to our global teams.
- Contribute to and manage other corporate programs and projects, including preparation of the department budget. Partner closely with finance, legal, stock administration and other G&A functions.
- 15+ years of hands-on experience in Compensation and Benefits with the last 5 to 10 years in a senior-level capacity in a publicly traded company or a division of a Fortune 500 company; additional experience in a start-up environment is a bonus.
- 8+ years experience developing innovative global compensation, wellness and benefit plans, and working with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of a publicly traded company to gain agreement. In addition, he/she must be fully knowledgeable in the areas of compliance, transparency and the latest Sarbanes-Oxley legislation.
- Significant contributor and collaborator with the Senior People Leadership team.
- Demonstrated success in organizing a company for improved efficiency, while planning for the future management needs of a high growth, performance-based environment.
- Ability to influence C-level executives and Board Members.
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical capabilities.
- A high energy level, a hands-on management style, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Deep understanding of the levers of the business and proven leadership competencies in driving human resources in the context of the business as a member of the senior leadership team.
- Quantitative modeling and problem-solving skills to develop the framework for, and execute the research on, strategic or market competitive practices.
- Strong business acumen, financially astute, attention to detail and strong sense of logic will be critical to success in this role.
- Be an expert assessor of talent with a toolbox of successful techniques for the recruitment, development and retention of employees at all levels.
- CCEBS and/or CCP designation is strongly preferred.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is privately held and based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.