Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a leader, innovator, and team builder in applied Machine Learning who will lead and build engineering and AI scientist teams to power the next generation of communication products.
- You will lead teams in natural language processing, speech recognition, dialog management, and general machine learning with a focus on high availability, scale, and product impact.
- You bring deep experience in leading teams, machine learning, and complex distributed systems, and are comfortable with both the team and engineering requirements involved in bringing AI systems to production.
- You have an in-depth understanding of the algorithmic side of machine learning, proven experience building and delivering production quality models, and demonstrated experience building and managing productive teams to drive machine learning impact in organizations.
- You have familiarity with ML and NLP tools (TensorFlow, spaCy, scikit-learn), you drive the systems architecture, and you are comfortable interfacing with data pipelines and data stores such as MySQL, DynamoDB, and Kafka.
- You engage with the broader machine learning community, and understand how advances to the state-of-the-art can power products.
We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. You will succeed by leading an empowered team with company wide impact.
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will be leading and growing a talented team of machine learning engineers and distributed systems engineers building Twilio's next generation machine learning products.
- You will directly lead ML Platform as well as evangelize the application of ML within Twilio across our product lines. In doing so, you will create, own and operate machine learning platforms, as well as the REST APIs, microservices and data pipelines that help us power products with machine learning.
- You will be responsible for growing and developing the engineering team.
This position can be located in our San Francisco office at 375 Beale Street or our Mountain View office at 399 W. El Camino Real. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.