Because you belong at Twilio
Head of Super Network Customer Operations
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Super Network Head of Customer Operations is responsible for defining, measuring, and driving a world-class customer experience across every Super Network customer touchpoint. This executive will identify and drive the optimization of key customer-facing Super Network processes as well as deliver the systems, tools, measurements, and oversight required to turn every external customer and internal team that engages with the Twilio Super Network into a Super Network evangelist. This executive will be required to work cross-functionally to leverage other key stakeholders including Super Network Product and Engineering teams, Go-To-Market Customer Experience, Twilio Support teams, and Twilio’s back office teams like finance and legal.
This individual will have a demonstrated track record of success in establishing and maintaining a strong cadence of operations, articulating and improving customer experiences, and a mindset that views our customer interactions as Twilio’s most important “product.” He/ She will have a proven ability to create and drive adoption of world-class systems and processes to measure and improve customer experiences. This person will have a customer mindset first, but solve problems through a data driven operational mindset while still being able to "draw the owl" - solve problems differently. They will be able to represent the voice of our customers and drive positive NPS in all the ways that customers engage with the Super Network.
The Head of Super Network Customer Operations will be part of the Super Network leadership team and report to the VP and GM of Twilio's Super Network.
- Own the operational metrics, review cadence, and accountability to drive measured improvements across our key customer impacting processes as well as internal input metrics that drive better quality outputs
- Own the Super Network key customer-facing processes within the Super Network including but not limited to customer interactions related to Phone Numbers such as international number porting, short code sign ups, customer communications and other complex customer touch points both human and digital
- Measure the success of each customer-facing process both in absolute terms and versus competitors and determine and drive goals for improvement
- Develop appropriate communications guidelines for Super Network customer interaction as it relates to auto-generated electronic communications as well as bespoke interactions
- Act as single point of escalation and resolution for customer risk reports while driving betterments to eliminate recurrence of issues
- Create a vision for how each customer-facing process will evolve, and align the product and engineering teams around that vision
- Create internal systems and processes that measure, improve and optimize the customer experience
- Create a single view of the customer Super Network experience accessible by other key Twilio systems and teams
- Be the champion for customer experience across the Super Network and provide executive visibility around key customer experience metrics and pain points
- Own and run Super Network customer advisory boards and user groups
- Work closely with Twilio’s product organization to drive critical improvements in the product experience
- Hire and leverage a world-class team that can drive the optimization of key customer-facing processes
- Measure and assess Twilio’s overall self-service customer experience and improve this over time
- Work closely with other key cross-functional stakeholders including sales, product, developer network, customer support and success to drive required changes to improve the customer experience
- Rally the Super Network and its culture to be true to its leadership principle of “wearing the customer's shoes”
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business or Computer Science
- 10+ years of proven leadership in Customer Operations
- 15+ years of supervisory, management, or leadership experience
- 10+ years of demonstrated leadership in product or systems
- High IQ and EQ, proven strong leadership and decision making
- Strong communication skills, ability to articulate and sell a vision
- Strong execution skills and ability to drive action and accountability
- Proven track record of hiring and managing world-class talent
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset, a focus on possibilities and not obstacles
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity and change
- Proven track record of defining and optimizing processes
- Ability to communicate directly to product and technical teams
- Ability to travel within and outside the US as necessary to support the business
You would be a highly visible leader and would work closely with teams at every layer of the company. Your success would deliver great customer experiences at major brands around the world (Twilio’s customers), and you would enable them to deliver better services to their customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.