Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Manager, Business Operations & Strategy to join our team based in San Francisco. We are looking for an individual who is motivated by understanding holistic business drivers, working with business partners and senior leadership to determine priority areas of engagement, and rolling up your sleeves to drive key projects to conclusion. You thrive on working with multiple stakeholders across an organization, managing projects by leveraging sound business judgment, solving highly analytical problems, soliciting information from business partners, and synthesizing ideas into compelling work products. We're looking for someone who has experience in both management consulting and hands-on experience working at an established software company.
Twilio’s Business Operations and Strategy team is a small, well-rounded group, who work closely with senior leadership across the company shaping and driving strategic, operational, and organizational improvements across the company. You are at the forefront in helping Twilio clarify fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and enable growth and innovation.
- Partner with and support business owners across functions, working on a range of critical projects and issues – from new growth initiatives and business models, to competitive intelligence, to investment priorities.
- Day to day you will have 1:1 and group conversations with cross functional teams to gather critical information, immerse yourself in data to draw insights from analysis, zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized summaries and deliver recommendations to senior executives and the Board.
- Get the fulfillment of seeing your recommendations come to life, and play an active role in driving implementation and follow-through to see the impact of your work.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience.
- 5+ years' of experience.
Given the mix of work, analytical rigor and strategic thinking are a requirement, but you must also be excited to get your hands dirty and help implement your recommendations. We are a small team that works together very well and holds each other to a high standard of performance.
- Twilio is a broad and complex business and some needs cannot be served by one business vertical alone.
- The Business Operations & Strategy team is critical for tackling many of these complexities across the business, helping Twilio continue to grow, enter new markets and reach scale, while also keeping an eye on new market opportunities and strategic decisions that will drive our future growth.
- Given the incredible exposure of the Business Operations and Strategy team across the business, you will enjoy the diversity of fun and complex challenges you take on and get broad exposure to the whole company.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.