Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Twilio ‘s messaging platform enables companies to integrate omni channels communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Messaging Services team who wants to design, develop, deploy and operate software solutions and help Twilio deliver real-time, low latency capabilities for next-generation communications.
You should have some or all of the following:
- A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2-3+ Years of engineering experience with Java and/or Scala.
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks<\/li>
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc and/or NoSQL Databases like Cassandra, Elastic Search etc.
- Able to think at scale, and meet high availability goals, bringing a focus on solving resiliency, latency and quality challenges in our virtualized cloud environment.
As a new member of this team, you will:
- Define, design and implement our new software products to enhance and scale our messaging platform
- Build the technical infrastructure required to merge new communications mediums with the existing Programmable SMS infrastructure.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) - cowboy coders need not apply.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing,
Twilio ‘s messaging platform enables companies to integrate omni channels communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. Messaging team’s vision is to build our next generation Messaging platform with new software products to add intelligence and solve use case based problems for our customers, and integrations withnew forms of communication, starting with Chat applications (such as Messenger, iMessage, RCS, WhatsApp) and digital assistants (such as Alexa).
Twilio ‘s messaging platform enables companies to integrate omni channels communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. Twilio is therefore challenged with abstracting away a world of complexity so that our customers can go global without concern for managing a global communications network, carrier integrations and relationships throughout the world.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.