Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Growth team at Twilio is on the lookout for a data analyst who can lead us towards a deeper understanding of our customer experience, and help us identify initiatives that will grow signups, improve the onboarding experience, and promote customer success.
Our team is heavily reliant on data to make strategic decisions and investments. As a result, this is an influential role in which you will collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product, and data teams to implement data strategy that will have direct and measurable impact on Twilio’s core growth strategy. We’re looking for someone who, in addition to strong technical skills, has the desire to make the Growth team more nimble, and ultimately serve our customers better. If you feel this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
- You’re driven and passionate about enabling your teammates. You thrive in a cross-functional environment, think creatively, and have strong attention to detail.
- You have 5+ years of experience doing exploratory analysis. We’re looking for someone who understands database systems, is familiar with data models and schema design, has strong SQL skills, is proficient in a scripting language such as Python. Prior exposure to data processing frameworks like Spark is a plus.
- You have strong communication skills, and can effectively partner with product managers, engineers, and marketers on your team. Prior experience with marketing systems (or a desire to learn about them) is a plus.
As a Data Analyst on the Growth team, you will:
- Instrument the user journey taken by millions of Twilio users, identify meaningful stages in their lifecycle, and devise funnel metrics based on pattern mining and predictive modeling.
- Mine data to identify personas and segments based on behavior and attributes, and enable the Growth team to experiment and iterate rapidly.
- Design and build data pipelines while simultaneously optimizing for performance and stakeholder requirements.
Twilio has strong brand awareness and customer loyalty. For the millions of developers who sign up for a free Twilio account, the Growth team works to delight them by engaging them in the community, improving the onboarding experience, and accelerating speed to launch. We learn about their experience by analyzing their website engagement, marketing interactions, and product usage. We bolster our understanding by comparing data to user interviews and feedback surveys. While most of our engineers are building and improving products, they need guidance from relevant data. That's why the data analyst is so important.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá,Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.