Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Lead Quality Engineer in Programmable Voice to develop, deploy and operate services with high quality across multiple teams to deliver high quality real-time, low latency capabilities for next generation communications.
Twilio is looking a technologist with a demonstrated track record of success.
- You have the leadership and diplomacy skills to facilitate work across several collaborative teams, leading development of the software quality systems to ultimately deliver the APIs and services for Twilio’s Voice platform
- You have breadth of experience in defining and building tools and frameworks for automated testing challenges including functional, load, resiliency, performance and stress testing in a cloud platform or enterprise scale environment
- You think at scale, exceeding high availability SLA goals, bringing a focus on test methodology from design through deployment and operations
- You bring a depth of experience in complex distributed systems, overseeing quality and operating Java-based systems in production
- Most importantly, you have the desire to collaborate across teams to build, test and operate services at scale
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 5+ years of experience including relevant experience with software development lifecycle and processes
- 3+ years in a Quality Engineering role with complex distributed systems projects
A great day for you would be:
- Working across several collaborative teams, defining and implementing test methodology for APIs and services in Twilio’s Voice platform
- Pushing production code that’s impacting millions of developers and helping companies solve their problems. Companies rely on us for their communications - there’s no downtime. We change the engine of the plane while we’re still flying it.
Twilio Developers use Programmable Voice to build unique communication experiences to make, receive and control voice interactions around the globe. Twilio’s Voice team develops and operates the worldwide infrastructure for call processing, including signalling, media, routing, conference, payment and speech services.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Either working in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco, or the option to work remotely, you can still enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.