Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a high caliber and energetic attorney with deep corporate governance, M&A and securities experience to join our legal team.
The Corporate Counsel will report to the Director, Managing Counsel of Corporate, Securities and M&A and will assist with day-to-day corporate governance matters and SEC reporting, and will manage and execute all aspects of Twilio’s M&A activities, including advising Twilio’s Corporate Development team and other internal stakeholders on deal structuring, execution and integration, coordinating due diligence, negotiating transaction documents and managing internal resources, outside counsel and budget.
Twilio is looking for an attorney with 3-5 years of relevant experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house.
- J.D. and California Bar admission in good standing
- Must have experience leading M&A transactions from start to close and have comprehensive understanding of M&A structures, agreements and business and legal issues in both domestic and cross-border M&A transactions
- Knowledge of securities laws and public reporting requirements
- Familiarity with corporate governance issues and equity compensation matters
- Detail-oriented with excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Combination of top-tier law firm and In-house experience preferred
As Corporate Counsel, you will:
- Lead the M&A process from term sheet to closing and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, tax, people, accounting and product to evaluate and review diligence matters and transaction documents
- Assist with day-to-day corporate governance and securities compliance matters and ensure business initiatives are executed timely and accurately
- Provide corporate governance advice and support, including preparation of Board and Committee meeting materials and minutes
- Think creatively and flexibly to try to provide practical legal solutions to team members
- Set and manage outside counsel and advisor budgets
The Legal team is integral to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership, finance, accounting, and tax teams to guide company strategy. We also partner with the Corporate Development team on all aspects of M&A transactions that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio
This position will be located in our beautiful new office at 101 Spear Street in the Rincon Center in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.