Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the sales team that is facilitating this communication renaissance.
The Twilio Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. The Solutions Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions.
The Twilio Solutions Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
Twilio is looking for a Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- 4 - 6 years pre-sales experience selling complex, technical products.
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of a customer’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Previous experience in Telecom, SIP, Contact Center, or Security is a plus.
Twilio Solutions Engineers get to live our values every day.
Draw the owl
- Build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do
- Assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations
- Never stop learning new products and new technologies
- Build trusted advisor relationships with customers
Wear the Customer’s Shoes
- Form a deep understanding of customer businesses and their problems
- Work on RFP's / customer’s technical requirements with the Sales team
- Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize and plan for deal success
- Educate and mentor customers, partners, and colleagues on what’s possible with Twilio
- Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation
- Build demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Twilio's API's
Write it down
- Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
In EMEA, we have built a strong business and the region operates with the tenacity and focus of a startup within Twilio. Solutions Engineers play a major role in Twilio’s sales organization and are critical to our company’s success.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is based out of our office in Soho Square, London W1D 3QB. You will enjoy our incredible perks: game area, snacks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. Typically, you will be traveling at least 25% per month for this role visiting customers onsite. You will get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Atlanta, Bogotá, Denver, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.