Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. Twilio’s Super Network simplifies, strengthens and unites carrier communication networks using software. We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Software Engineer who is excited about the opportunity to join the Super Network Monitoring team based in Tallinn, Estonia, to solve some of the hardest engineering problems at Twilio. The team is building scalable solutions that provide insights into the performance of our telecom partners and is tasked with ensuring the resiliency of the entire Super Network.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 3+ years of software development experience in Java or Scala.
- Experience in at least one of the cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Proficiency in building and running resilient and scalable back-end services in a production environment.
- 2+ years of experience in data streaming and analytics technologies like Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, Flink, KSQL, Elasticsearch or others.
- Curiosity about Machine Learning.
- Passion about code quality and software development best practices. Has the desire to ship products using continuous integration, continuous delivery and test automation.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE, EMPOWER OTHERS: Work in a small, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with your Tech Lead and other Software Engineers to tackle complex problems in distributed computing.
- BE AN OWNER:
- Build, deploy and operate your team's services in a production environment in the DevOps model.
- Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests
- DON’T SETTLE, RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Apply Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to the customers.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
Twilio's Super Network team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require and operates in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join
This position will be located in our new beautiful and well designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We have many team building events weekly, monthly and of course annual summer days. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join Twilio Tallinn team!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.