Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a motivated Commercial Account Executive who possesses a go-getter attitude, and is interested in evolving their career within the fast-growing customer engagement market. Requirements for this role include German speaking candidates and preferably candidates who have covered German market in previous roles.
As a Commercial Account Executive, you are:
- Aligned with our core values.
- Willing to go above and beyond to wear your customers’ shoes, gain their trust, and make them wildly successful.
- Comfortable asking questions, seeking answers, and drawing the owl.
- Opinionated, but willing to collaborate and listen to ideas.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with many priorities, and have the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage your time.
- Hard-working and driven to exceed targets put in front of you.
- Able to prove success of owning your own book of business, and directly selling a technical product or service for at least 2 years.
- Excited about customer engagement and comfortable speaking to technical buyers and C-level executives.
- Curious about technology and willing to learn about how things work beyond the surface-level.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Creative. A team-player.
As a Commercial Account Executive, you will be responsible for onboarding new prospects and customers, below 2,000 employees. You will be able to sell the entire Twilio platform to help businesses enhance their customer engagement strategy and solve real business problems.
- Consistently delight customers by providing them with the best hospitality and experience.
- Manage a large quantity of existing opportunities, build pipeline both within your territory accounts and by prospecting, and properly qualify in/out new opportunities generated by our BDR team. This is very much a high velocity business.
- Work with customers to understand critical business objectives or other key performance indicators, and aid them in achieving their business goals.
- Utilize value-based selling to position Twilio’s platform as solving specific business pains.
- Champion and represent the customer at all levels internally within Twilio, working with various supporting teams such as sales engineering, marketing, product, legal, finance, leadership, etc.
- Design mutually-beneficial long-term contracts that address customer requirements and balance the needs of our business.
- Provide accurate reporting and weekly forecasting.
EMEA is central to Twilio's continued growth and we are making significant investments in the region, so the opportunities are endless. If you thrive off of a fast-paced environment and are willing to work hard, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career faster than ever before. The team very much has a work hard/play harder mentality, and we consider ourselves a “start-up within a growing enterprise.”
Twilio itself is also truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in either Berlin or Munich. You will enjoy our office perks: snacks, bi-weekly All Hands, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact, seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, and understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; you’ll get a company that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Atlanta, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.