Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud communications software market. Our Sales Development team is a key part of our Sales organization. As our global leader, you will lead a team that supports all our regional sales teams by developing and qualifying marketing leads and creating new pipeline opportunities to meet our sales and revenue goals.
The right candidate will be data-driven, understand top of the funnel and pipeline dynamics, be focused on serving customers, excel at building and managing a team, and have extensive experience in making processes more efficient. We’re looking for someone who will be passionate about customer experience and dedicated to operational efficiency.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Director/Vice President of Sales Development with a proven track record. This leader must have strong B2B SaaS Enterprise sales and management experience and has built and managed successful multi-channel inbound and outbound sales development business units previously. Likewise, will continue to iterate and build upon our current pipeline development strategy while providing definition and implementation of the plan to exceed sales objectives.
An engaging day for you will be defining sales process that drives desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when applicable. As well drive rigorous sales development execution and oversight, and KPI management including forecasting and pipeline management.
The goal is for Twilio to become a trusted advisor helping companies improve their overall customer engagement experience and meeting their business objectives. We are seeking someone to help reach all potential customers and who has:
- 10+ years of experience of leading a team as a manager; preferably with 5+ years of global management
- 6+ years of experience working in a fast-paced technology/SaaS company
- Significant experience managing multi-channel outbound and inbound engagement strategy that includes targeting, outbound drip campaigns and support for website visitors, chat, email, phone, and event-driven interest
- Experience scaling a team of 50+ Reps & Managers globally that serves as the starting point for sales and other careers at Twilio and routinely promotes individuals into new roles
- Drive rigorous sales development execution and oversight, and KPI management including hourly/daily metrics, forecasting, and pipeline management
- Leverage sales automation, funnel management and prospecting tools to generate SQLs and to accurately meet forecast sales and revenue targets
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Work cross-functionally with enablement, marketing, sales teams, and sales operations to develop strategies and execution plans to grow the pipeline
- Strong ability to coach your managers and sales representatives to higher performance
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience
Although not prerequisites for the role, the following are “nice-to-haves”:
- MBA, MS in a relevant field, or other similar advanced degree
- Basic understanding of and comfort with cloud, SaaS software, and APIs
- Fluent in additional languages
The Sales Development team is a critical component of our go-to-market strategy and presents an outstanding opportunity to learn fundamental sales skills in preparation for an exciting career in software sales. Our goal is to create great customer experiences by being Twilio product experts and consulting with customers to identify their needs and pain points.
As the Global Sales Development Leader, you will lead an ever growing, collaborative team whose primary responsibilities include managing our worldwide sales qualified leads, assisting our customers and sales team with the utmost highest empathy and satisfaction. More specifically, you will do the following:
- Streamline our operations by applying lean principles
- Collaborate with sales & marketing leaders to design the programs and tools necessary to further automate and streamline our processes globally
- Influence stakeholders across the company to develop scalable solutions to prevent issues moving forward.
- Recruiting …
- Enable an already high-performing team by providing excellent coaching and actionable feedback.
- Execute on near-term goals while also moving towards a long-term vision. Your team should be constantly delivering projects that will make our operations more efficient and our team more effective.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication tools in order to build better applications to maximize customer engagement. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, lines of business, non-profits and enterprises to make an impact on their services.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.