Are you a natural when it comes to talking to users? Do you have experience leading qualitative research within a dynamic, highly-collaborative product team? Are you ready to take your career to the next level? If you answered ‘yes’ to all of those questions, then please read on. TWG is growing its User Research team, and we’re looking for someone like you.
Joining TWG means working on incredible projects, mastering your craft, enjoying competitive benefits and working among the best in your field. Our User Research team’s mission: to arm creators with the knowledge they need to build products that people need and ❤️.
As a User Researcher at TWG, you’ll be responsible for setting the research strategy on your projects, executing quickly, integrating your findings back into product development and communicating them to clients. You’ll work across industries with international brands and high-growth startups on some of the most compelling challenges of your career. As well, you’ll have the rare opportunity to be an early member of one of the few multi-person User Research teams in the city.
Join our growing team and help shape the future of User Research at TWG.
About the Job
- Own, manage and execute User Research strategy across multiple projects, from greenfield viability exploration to post-launch usability testing -- and everything in between
- Apply qualitative and quantitative research methods to discover new opportunities and evaluate UX/design -- all while moving at the speed of product development
- Share insights from your work to product teams and clients in ways that effectively unlock key product decisions
- Influence the culture, practices and goals of the User Research team
- Champion and integrate research best-practices at the product, cross-department and company levels
- 1-3 years in a design, user research or UXR-related role
- Proven experience with common research methods (user interviews, UX testing, surveys) and frameworks (Jobs-to-be-Done, Customer Development, HCD)
- Case studies you can speak to that highlight the goals, process and outcomes of your work
Nice to Have
- Deep knowledge and skills in a particular area of specialization
- Degree in a relevant field (i.e. HCI, psychology, anthropology)
- Familiarity with User Research thought-leaders, coupled with an understanding of their contribution to the field
- An opinion on which research tools should be used, and which should be avoided
- Involvement in the design/user research/UXR community, including blogs, talks or community building
- You have incredible communication skills
- Interpersonal skills: you can hold a conversation and get critical information from anyone
- Judgement: you know you have limited time to generate insights, and focus on important work first
- Independence: you’re a self-starter, and know how to take a research question and run with it
- Passion: you share your knowledge and love for research with everyone you work with
- You bring a knowledge of new methodologies to the team, and eagerly modify existing methodologies to meet your needs
What we value
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that create real value for everyone involved.
- Friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Competitive salaries
- 15 days of paid vacation
- 5 paid personal days
- Work from home one day a week
- Hybrid benefits plan including basic coverage and a Health Spending Account
- Use of TWG hardware
- Paid phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.