Are you passionate about solving problems for a diverse set of products, clients, and their vast user bases? Do you have deep understanding of multiple backend and frontend languages and their related frameworks? Do you want to manage and mentor teams but still code and design solutions?
TWG is looking for Engineering Managers to guide us on our mission to help build the most innovative enterprises and startups in the world. We are looking for someone who can lead a team of talented engineers on a variety of projects using a multitude of technologies and frameworks. You’ll be responsible for supporting numerous projects across the company, solve technical challenges, oversee employee development, performance, and overall career progression.
As a company that has a reputation for solving challenges (which is partly why 70% of TWG new hires come from referrals!), we are looking to add engineering managers who have the breadth of experience to truly take our teams to the next level. Come join our fast-growing team and work with a wide range of industries and products - from Fintech to Edtech, Media to Emerging Technologies, building web and mobile products for well funded startups and Fortune 500 companies.
About the Job
- You will directly managing a team of 2 to 4 software engineers with an eye of eventually leading up to 8 reports.
- Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on craftsmanship
- Drive engineering initiatives by using established metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence, and drive a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Further build out the Engineering Team by recruiting talented engineers and running technical interviews
- You will play an active role in our full product lifecycle by leading the Sales and Solution Engineering phases of the project
- You will act as a technical lead on projects and allocate development resources as per project requirements
- Perform day to day development tasks as needed by writing code and doing code reviews
- Collaborate with clients on potential software solutions, delivery of products, and ad-hoc client requests.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, strategists, QA analysts and account managers on client projects and new opportunities
- Validated software development experience using multiple frontend and backend languages and their related frameworks
- You are tool-flexible enough to work with whatever we choose next, especially since you’ll be helping us choose
- Demonstrable knowledge of database design, network services, solution architecture and implementation
- Computer Science, Software Engineering or Web Development degree or certificate
TWG is a digital product studio located in Toronto. We are designers, developers, and business-thinkers with a mission to work with visionary teams and craft remarkable products. We believe in doing right – by our clients and partners, by our community, and by each other.
What We Value
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that build real value for everyone involved.
- Collaborative, friendly environment with flexible office hours
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Paid personal / sick days
- Health benefits: prescriptions, dental, vision, and insurance
- Use of a TWG Macbook Pro that can be yours for $1 after 2 years
- Free phone of your choice and a corporate phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
TWG is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, persons with family care giving responsibilities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.