Start date: August 2018
Have you have been working in technology for a few years and know in your heart that product management is the best path for you? Are you caught up in the old “lack of Product experience” catch 22? Product management is a notoriously tough field to break into and many people who have the potential to be kickass product managers are left without a clear entry into the industry.
On the flipside, experienced product managers are one of the toughest roles to fill in any tech organization. We think that a fast growing ecosystem like Toronto deserves a better approach and that is why we’re very excited to announce the second cohort of our Associate Product Management (APM) program!
The premise is simple, yet unique in Canada: TWG has gotten together with other leading Toronto tech companies to develop a six-month APM program. As part of this initiative, we will bring in individuals who have not worked as product managers before to run them through an intensive education/work experience offering with two main goals: 1) to help APMs work towards becoming product managers and 2) to help cultivate a community that can be their support system moving forward.
About the Job
- Get the chance to learn from some of the best product managers in the city through weekly education sessions
- Work full-time on a six-month contract where you’ll be gaining hands on product management experience
- Join a cohort of 10-12 associate product managers and form strong bonds that will help you in your career development
- Be eligible to convert into a full-time TWG employee (as a junior or intermediate product manager, depending on experience) if you and the APM program succeed!
- Help solve real product challenges for companies ranging from large enterprises to newly funded startups
- 3-5 years of work experience where you have demonstrated the ability to deliver results and learn on the job
- Software and general tech savviness - you understand how software is delivered and have worked with a technical team in some capacity before
- Strong interpersonal and client management experience
- Flawless written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail; please include your favourite beverage in your cover letter
- A knack for solving problems, especially in areas that may be foreign to you
- A university degree in something interesting
- Experience in project management, preferably in an Agile environment, is desired
- A background in design, development or business would be beneficial
TWG is a Digital Product Studio located in Toronto. We are designers, developers, and business-thinkers with a mission to work with visionary teams and craft remarkable products. We believe in doing right – by our clients and partners, by our community, and by each other.
What we value
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that create real value for everyone involved.
- Collaborative, friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Do you believe that you have what it takes to be a Senior Product Manager at TWG? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to discuss that role separately.