Are you passionate about solving problems for a diverse set of products, clients, and their users? Do you want to manage and mentor teams but still focus primarily on coding and designing solutions? Do you have deep understanding of multiple backend and frontend languages and their related frameworks?
TWG is looking for Technical Leads to guide us on our mission to help build the most innovative enterprises, startups, and scale in the world. Our cross-functional teams of engineers, product designers, and product managers are looking for someone to provide technical leadership on a variety of studio projects. You’ll provide leadership on projects, solve complex technical challenges using a variety of technologies and frameworks, and oversee and guide product direction.
As a company that has a reputation for solving challenges, we are looking to add Technical Leads who have the breadth of experience to truly take our teams to the next level. Come join our fast-growing team and work with a wide range of industries and products - from Fintech to Edtech, Media to Emerging Technologies, building web and mobile products for well funded startups and Fortune 500 companies.
About the Job
- Thoughtfully recommend and implement solutions for the technical challenges our clients face.
- Enable and empower your team to take full ownership of day to day challenges.
- Plan and manage the various aspects of a project including solution design, Agile processes, and code reviews.
- Work with Product Managers to ensure studio projects are delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) on product feature set and technical roadmaps.
- Remain involved in day to day engineering activities by writing code and submitting PRs.
- Demonstrated expertise of software architecture, implementation, and database design in a language and framework agnostic way.
- Demonstrated expertise of available cloud infrastructure services including Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with modern relational or non-relational databases such as Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc
- You are tool-flexible enough to work with whatever we choose next, especially since you’ll be helping us choose.
- You enjoy working with others in a highly collaborative environment
- You're equally happy learning something new or teaching others something you've learned
- You have a passion for technology and solving problems with code
- You have a desire to lead projects from end-to-end and care deeply about craftsmanship and quality
What we value
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that create real value for everyone involved.
- Friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Competitive salaries
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Unlimited paid personal days
- Work from home 2x per week
- Hybrid benefits plan: prescriptions, dental, insurance and health spending account
- Paid phone plan
- Computer hardware program
- Group RRSP program
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
TWG is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, persons with family caregiving responsibilities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.