Joining TWG means working on incredible projects, mastering your craft, enjoying competitive benefits and working among the best in your field.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate QA Specialist to join our growing team in our downtown Toronto studio. Help us deliver high-quality software across a variety of client projects and industries.
We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about product and process quality. Software testing is central to this role, but is complemented by interests in product strategy, project management and user experience. Join our growing QA team and help shape a next-gen software testing practice.
About the Job
- Own and execute all aspects of the software testing lifecycle, on multiple projects, within a Lean/Agile environment
- Apply black-box and grey-box testing techniques across web and mobile applications
- Communicate feedback on product health, project performance and risk factors
- Champion the continuous, measured improvement of production and testing processes
- Manage relationships with product managers, developers, designers and clients
- Advocate for product quality, from both user-centred, technical and HIG standpoints
- 2 - 5 years of software testing experience on web / mobile software, performing exploratory testing, technical debugging and root cause analysis
- Demonstrable knowledge of software testing concepts (quality dimensions, SQA/SQC, SDLC/STLC, testing pyramid, test strategy/plan, test categories, test case design, test techniques, test tools, test coverage, defect lifecycle)
- Fluency with a scripting language, command line, git/mercurial, HTTP monitoring, debugging tools, log files and mobile IDEs
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of automated functional testing patterns and frameworks, with practical test development skills
- Complementary experience in something interesting: project management, business analysis, scrum mastering, game design, web development, machine learning, UX research, graphic design, startups, etc.
- Involvement in the software testing community
- You’ve got excellent verbal, written and .gif-based communication -- and tact
- You’ve got a keen interest in emerging design and technology trends
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- You’re a self-starter, entrepreneurial, resourceful enough to unblock yourself when stuck
- You’re thorough, rigorously organized and mind the details
- You're equally happy learning something new or teaching others something you've learned
What we value
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that create real value for everyone involved.
- Friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Competitive salaries
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Health benefits: prescriptions, dental, vision, and insurance
- Hardware credit
- Paid phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.