Joining TWG means working on various exciting projects, often in parallel. It’s about mastering your craft, enjoying competitive benefits and being surrounded by smart, driven and passionate people.
We are currently looking for an intermediate or senior level QA Analyst to join our growing team in downtown Toronto. Become the QA representative in your team and help deliver a high-quality software across a variety of client projects; cultivating our view that Quality is the best kind of advertising there is.
Come join our QA team and help shape the next generation of software testing.
About the Job
- Excellent verbal, written and .gif-based communication -- and tact
- Passion for software testing and interest in Agile best practices
- Keen interest in emerging product design and technology trends
- User empathetic; able to put yourself in the shoes of clients and end users
- Thrive in highly collaborative environments coupled with a yearning for continuous development
- Positive and autonomous self-starter, resourceful enough to unblock yourself when stuck
- Thorough, rigorously organized and detail oriented, with an innate ability to multi-task
- Natural mentor and leader who finds pleasure in sharing knowledge with others
- Own all aspects of the STLC on multiple projects, within an (often) Agile environment
- Apply black-box testing techniques across a range of web and mobile applications
- Describe existing and potential issues through accurate reporting requiring no follow-ups
- Develop, execute, and maintain functional test cases; identifying test requirements from specs
- Regularly communicate feedback on product health, project performance and risk factors
- Champion the continuous improvement of production processes and testing practices
- Act as a bridge between the QA Team and the product managers, developers and designers
- Advocate for product quality, from both user-centered and technical standpoints
- Support, mentor, and coach junior QA Analysts
- 2 - 5 years of cross-platform Mobile and Web testing experience, including exploratory testing, technical debugging and root cause analysis
- Demonstrable knowledge of software testing concepts (SQA/SQC, SDLC/STLC, testing strategies, tools and defect lifecycle), log analysis and some form of IDEs
- Skilled at writing detailed and robust test cases for complex systems
- Understanding of HTTP monitoring allowing for an accurate recognition of defect patterns
- Experience working with test case management tools: JIRA, Testrail
Key Additional Assets
- Experience with automation frameworks and CI tools (e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, Jenkins, Buddybuild, Travis, Bamboo… ) with practical script development skills
- Complementary experience in something interesting: project management, business analysis, scrum mastering, game design, web development, machine learning, UX research, graphic design, startups, etc.
- Involvement in the software testing community
- Programming experience: React, .Net, CSS, JSON,
What we value
We believe in holistic product quality, at the intersection of lean product strategy, human-centred design and agile software development. While software testing is our QA team’s DNA, it’s complemented by involvement in product strategy, process improvement and relationship management.
Our studio is a playground for context-driven testing. Be it a complex web application driving the business of an entire enterprise, a cross-platform mobile app built for a high-growth startup or a bleeding-edge IoT, wearable or VR prototype, the opportunities for learning and rapid skill development are plentiful here at TWG.
- Friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Competitive salaries
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Health benefits: prescriptions, dental, vision, and insurance
- Hardware credit
- Paid phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.