Joining TWG means working on incredible projects, mastering your craft, enjoying competitive benefits and working among the best in your field.
As one of the fastest growing and most vital segments of the company, our Mobile team is looking for a Senior Mobile Developer to fuel our mission of delivering high-quality software across a variety of client projects and industries.
This position is full-time and based in our downtown Toronto studio.
About the Job
- Lead iOS and/or Android projects and development teams from app conceptualization to shipment
- Provide technical leadership, mentor junior team members and contribute to the overall growth of the mobile team
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers and QA analysts
- Deliver well-designed, maintainable solutions in a Lean/Agile environment
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- 5+ years of software development experience, primarily in iOS or Android
- Proven experience in shipping high-quality applications to the iOS and/or Android App Stores
- High proficiency in Objective-C/Swift and/or Java
- Deep understanding of mobile development lifecycle, specific technologies and submission guidelines and processes
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or certificate or equivalent experience
- Experience developing apps in your non-primary platform
- Contributions to the open source community (Github, StackOverflow, etc...)
- Back end API development experience or client-side web application development experience
- Experience in cross-platform technologies such as React Native
- You enjoy working with others in a highly collaborative environment
- You're equally happy learning something new or teaching others something you've learned
- You have a passion for technology and solving problems with code
- You have a desire to lead projects from end-to-end and care deeply about craftsmanship and quality
What we value
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that create real value for everyone involved.
- Friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Competitive salaries
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Health benefits: prescriptions, dental, vision, and insurance
- Hardware credit
- Paid phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.