Joining TWG means working on incredible projects, mastering your craft, enjoying competitive benefits and working among the best in your field.
We believe in holistic product quality, at the intersection of lean product strategy, human-centred design and agile software development. While software testing is our QA team’s DNA, it’s complemented by involvement in product strategy, process improvement and relationship management.
Our studio is a playground for context-driven testing, with projects spanning a broad range of clients, industries, platforms and tech stacks. Be it a complex web application driving the business of an entire enterprise, a cross-platform mobile app built for a high-growth startup or a bleeding-edge IoT, wearable or VR prototype, the opportunities for learning and rapid skill development are plentiful at TWG.
We’re looking for an intermediate or senior level QA Analyst to join our growing downtown Toronto team. A passion for software testing is table stakes and is augmented by interests in agile best practices, emerging technologies and product design.
Come join our QA team and help shape the next generation of software testing.
About the Job
- Own and execute all aspects of the software testing lifecycle, on multiple projects, within a Lean / Agile environment
- Apply black-box and grey-box testing techniques across a range of web and mobile applications
- Communicate feedback on product health, project performance and risk factors
- Champion the continuous, measured improvement of production processes and testing practices
- Manage relationships with product managers, developers, designers and clients
- Advocate for product quality, from both user-centred, technical and HIG standpoints
- 2 - 5 years of software testing experience on web / mobile software, performing exploratory testing, technical debugging and root cause analysis
- Demonstrable knowledge of software testing concepts (quality dimensions, SQA/SQC, SDLC/STLC, testing pyramid, test strategy/plan, test categories, test case design, test techniques, test tools, test coverage, defect lifecycle)
- Fluency with a scripting language, command line, git/mercurial, HTTP monitoring, debugging tools, log files and mobile IDEs
Key Additional Assets
- Knowledge of automated functional testing patterns and frameworks, with practical test development skills
- Complementary experience in something interesting: project management, business analysis, scrum mastering, game design, web development, machine learning, UX research, graphic design, startups, etc.
- Involvement in the software testing community
- You’ve got excellent verbal, written and .gif-based communication -- and tact
- You’ve got a keen interest in emerging design and technology trends
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- You’re a self-starter, entrepreneurial, with enough resourcefulness to unblock yourself when stuck
- You’re thorough, rigorously organized and mind the details
- You're equally happy learning something new or teaching others something you've learned
What we value
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that create real value for everyone involved.
- Friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Competitive salaries
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Health benefits: prescriptions, dental, vision, and insurance
- Hardware credit
- Paid phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.