Are you looking to take your software engineering career to the next level? Are you passionate about solving problems for a diverse set of products and clients that always keep you on your toes? Do you have experience in Java Spring and other modern tools and technologies in the Java ecosystem?
TWG is looking for software engineers to join our team on our mission to help build the most innovative enterprises and startups in the world. We help create new businesses out of nothing but ideas, as well as work with existing products to help accelerate growth.
As a company that has a reputation for solving challenges, we are looking to add software engineers who have the breadth of experience to truly innovate on technical solutions. Come join our fast-growing team and work with a wide range of industries and products - from Fintech to Edtech, Media to Emerging Technologies, building web and mobile products for well funded startups and Fortune 500 companies.
About the Role
- Based on the project needs, design sophisticated end to end solutions using Spring or other frameworks in the Java ecosystem
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, designers and QA analysts to create best in class software
- Deliver well-designed, maintainable code in a Lean / Agile environment
- Deliver automated software tests (e.g. unit tests, integration tests, stress tests, etc) that test for software quality in a pragmatic way.
- Create and maintain Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines
- You have significant experience building systems in Java using modern web frameworks especially Spring, but also Play, Dropwizard, etc
- Demonstrable real world knowledge of common software architecture patterns such as REST, MVC, and Microservices.
- Experience working with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, etc. Some experience working with purpose-built databases such as MongoDB or Neo4j would be nice as well.
- Experience working with one or more popular cloud providers, especially AWS, but also Azure and Google Cloud
- Some experience working with other popular languages would be nice as well (e.g. JS, Python, C#, or Go).
- You are able to adapt to new technologies quickly, and enjoy keeping up with industry trends, but understand the need to balance those investments with well-understood technologies that enable us to deliver high quality software.
TWG is a digital product studio located in Toronto. We are designers, developers, and business-thinkers with a mission to work with visionary teams and craft remarkable products. We believe in doing right – by our clients and partners, by our community, and by each other.
What We Value
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that build real value for everyone involved.
- Friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Flexible work arrangements, including co-locating with some of our clients within the GTA
- Competitive salaries
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Unlimited paid personal days
- Work from home 2x per week
- Hybrid benefits plan: prescriptions, dental, insurance and health spending account
- Paid phone plan
- Computer hardware program
- Group RRSP program
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
TWG is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, persons with family caregiving responsibilities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.