Are you passionate about solving problems for a diverse set of products and clients? Are you constantly solving problems for fast changing product requirements? Excited by the prospect of systems that manage and maintain terabytes of data?
TWG is looking for Senior Data Engineers to guide us on our mission to help build the most innovative startups, scaleups, and enterprises in the world. Our cross-functional teams of engineers, product designers, and product managers are looking for talented individuals to provide technical leadership on a variety of client projects. You’ll solve complex data heavy problems and work directly with clients to bring their ideas to life.
As a company that has a reputation for solving challenges, we are looking to add Senior Data Engineers who have the breadth and depth of experience to shape our Data Engineering practices at TWG. Come join our fast-growing team and work with a wide variety of industries, products, and technologies, building web and mobile products for well funded startups and Fortune 500 companies alike.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to build infrastructure, data pipelines, data storage strategies to manipulate and maintain large scale data sets.
- Research and incorporate emerging software infrastructures, tools, and technologies, especially pertaining to data processing.
- Implement and test big data platforms that processes large amounts of disparate data sources into meaningful and coherent data models.
- Participate in code reviews to enforce and teach project standards to other developers.
- Evangelize and further build out the data engineering team at TWG.
- Demonstrated experience of using MapReduce frameworks like Spark, AWS EMR, or Hadoop as part of scalable data processing architectures.
- Demonstrated experience using high volume data ingestion and streaming platforms like AWS Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL in multiple dialects (e.g. PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc). Query execution plans, debugging CTEs, and query debugging should be second nature to you.
- Some experience with relevant AWS, GCP, or Azure services for data engineering solutions .
- Some experience with data warehousing tools like AWS RedShift or Snowflake.
- Proficiency in Python, Java, Go, or another backend language.
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that create real value for everyone involved.
- Friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Competitive salaries
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Unlimited paid personal days
- Work from home 2x per week
- Hybrid benefits plan: prescriptions, dental, insurance and health spending account
- Paid phone plan
- Computer hardware program
- Group RRSP program
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
TWG is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, persons with family caregiving responsibilities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.