Are you looking to take your software engineering career to the next level? Are you passionate about solving problems for a diverse set of products, clients, and their vast user bases that always keep you on your toes? Do you have solid understanding of one backend language and its related framework?
TWG is looking for software engineers to join our team on our mission to help build the most innovative enterprises and startups in the world. We help create new businesses out of nothing but ideas, as well as work with existing products to help accelerate growth.
As a company that has a reputation for solving challenges (which is partly why 70% of TWG new hires come from referrals!), we are looking to add software engineers who have the breadth of experience to truly innovate on technical solutions. Come join our fast-growing team and work with a wide range of industries and products - from Fintech to Edtech, Media to Emerging Technologies, building web and mobile products for well funded startups and Fortune 500 companies.
About the Job
What You’ll do
- Based on the project needs, design sophisticated end to end solutions in a variety of programming languages and frameworks
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, designers and QA analysts
- Deliver well-designed, maintainable code in a Lean / Agile environment
- Continuously integrate automated software tests and deployments
What You’ll Bring
- You have a solid understanding of one backend language and its related framework (e.g. Node.js and Express or Ruby and Rails)
- Demonstrable knowledge of software architecture, implementation, and debugging and database design
- Experience working with open-source software and the surrounding ecosystems
- Experience with modern relational or non-relational databases such as Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc
- You are tool-flexible enough to work with whatever we choose next, especially since you’ll be helping us choose.
TWG is a digital product studio located in Toronto. We are designers, developers, and business-thinkers with a mission to work with visionary teams and craft remarkable products. We believe in doing right – by our clients and partners, by our community, and by each other.
What We Value
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that build real value for everyone involved.
- Collaborative, friendly environment with flexible office hours
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Paid personal / sick days
- Health benefits: prescriptions, dental, vision, and insurance
- Use of a TWG Macbook Pro that can be yours for $1 after 2 years
- Free phone of your choice and a corporate phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
TWG is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, persons with family care giving responsibilities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.