TWG has expanded its service offerings to form a specialized website, e-commerce and branding department that focuses on transaction design and customer adoption. This team is working with global brands, international startups and not-for-profits to help take their products and services to market through beautiful web experiences
We’re now looking to add another senior member to this growing team. You’ll use your extensive web development experience, and your passion for designing beautiful and delightful user interfaces, in order to help develop this engineering practice. You’ll tech-lead projects, refine our team’s ever-improving process, help to win new and exciting work and participate in the hiring process.
About the Role
We actively focus on platforms such as WordPress and Shopify to build stable, secure, and engaging websites. You’ll help share your knowledge of these platforms and provide technical leadership, clarity and direction for your teams while using your development and project experience to mentor and train other developers. Aside from writing code, you will work with your colleagues to help estimate and evaluate new opportunities. You will also help us research and teach our team about emerging platforms, frameworks and tools that you think our clients (and TWG) will benefit from.
- An understanding of fundamental programming concepts and the ability to effectively use code as a tool to solve practical, meaningful problems.
- CMS experience (right now we focus on WordPress).
- Mentoring and teaching junior and intermediate developers via pair-programming, thorough PR reviews and facilitating team learning sessions.
- Ability to communicate with clients to define user requirements and website architecture, and a commitment to successful customer service and project delivery.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge and experience with an enterprise CMS such as Sitecore, dotCMS and/or Kentico
- E-commerce platforms and services such as Shopify, Magento, Woo and Stripe.
- Experience with animation and interactivity on the web through tools such as GSAP, bodymovin and three.js.
- Understanding of design fundamentals and experience using Sketch, Balsamiq Mockups, Photoshop or equivalent design software.
- You love working with others in a highly collaborative environment.
- You're equally happy learning something new or teaching others something you've learned.
- You have a passion for technology and solving problems with code.
- You’re equally passionate about design and user experiences, and want to make the web a more beautiful and engaging place.
- You care deeply about craftsmanship and quality.
- You get pride and happiness from seeing growth and success in others.
What we value
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that create real value for everyone involved.
- Friendly environment with flexible office hours
- Competitive salaries
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Unlimited paid personal days
- Work from home 2x per week
- Hybrid benefits plan: prescriptions, dental, insurance and health spending account
- Paid phone plan
- Computer hardware program
- Group RRSP program
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
TWG is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, persons with family caregiving responsibilities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.