As an Art Director on TWG’s growing website, ecommerce and branding team you are passionate about creating beautiful, impactful and ground-breaking work while fostering the talents of the designers that they help mentor. You’ll be leading the hands-on execution of marketing website, ecommerce, and branding projects at every stage of the life cycle. From brainstorming and designing concepts to leading client presentations and ensuring deadlines are met, you’re committed to delivering excellence all the way to launch.
At TWG we believe in creating an environment that supports employees to do the best work of their careers, while also ensuring we create conditions that support diversity and inclusion. We want all team members to live those values, and bring positivity, enthusiasm, and a general lust for life to their time spent here.
- Design oversight on 2 - 5 projects at a time, ensuring industry-leading design execution by designers on those projects and rationalizing our solution quality to our clients.
- You may also lead one project of your own at any given time, where you play the role of primary designer.
- Creating aspirational moodboards, inspiring design principles and spectacular interfaces are all part of the job. You’ll also have a passion for human centred design principles, and will strive to ensure that we apply research, user journey mapping, rapid prototyping and validation to our projects as often as we can.
- Leading the user experience and design strategy for our client projects, and proactively recommending design solutions that will help drive the transactions that our clients are chasing (i.e.: items added to cart, applicants for jobs, time spent on site, etc.)
- Contribute to mentorship of Designers, helping them grow by way of functional mentorship on projects.
- Collaborate with Project Management and Engineering teams to ensure that all aspects of our projects are in-sync and operating harmoniously.
- Influence team resourcing, advocating for the interests of the team.
- Contribute to business development activities such as new client discovery meetings, and helping to estimate new project scopes.
- You probably have 5-7 years of visual design experience, and at least some in an agency environment. You’re experienced at designing modern websites and delightful ecommerce user experiences.
- You should consider Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Suite to be close friends and family.
- Clients are on your team. Proven experience navigating the nuanced waters of client services, having difficult conversations, and delivering quality outcomes are all in your comfort zone.
- Strong conceptual thinking. You are confident asserting your opinions and thinking creatively about how to solve client problems. While you’re able to come up with surprising, cool concepts you keep your eye on project objectives and ensure that our design work drives the user adoption and transactions our clients need.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills—the ability to work with and mentor other Designers as well as the confidence and skill to communicate your ideas and feedback clearly.
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interactions, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation.
- An understanding of branding best practices and principles, and the ability to execute a branding process.
- Experience seeing full websites/ecommerce sites through to pixel-perfect design QA and launch.
Nice to Have
- Interaction design and animation expertise
- Illustration, copywriting, and photography expertise
- A keen interest or proven success public speaking or teaching in groups
- Front-end development skills
- Copywriting, SEO, content strategy experience
- Perhaps a few shiny awards on your resume (happy byproducts of what was good work regardless of accolades)
TWG is a digital product studio located in Toronto. We are designers, developers, and business-thinkers with a mission to work with visionary teams and craft remarkable products. We believe in doing right – by our clients and partners, by our community, and by each other.
What We Value
TWG is championing a revolution in software design, turning traditional engagements into lasting partnerships that build real value for everyone involved.
- Collaborative, friendly environment with flexible office hours
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Paid personal / sick days
- Health benefits: prescriptions, dental, vision, and insurance
- Use of a TWG Macbook Pro that can be yours for $1 after 2 years
- Free phone of your choice and a corporate phone plan
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rate and allowance
- Learning culture: in-house lunch and learns, conferences and training courses
- Stocked kitchen with healthy treats, juices, coffee and premium beer
- Company retreats and socials
- Casual dress code
- Pet-friendly office
TWG is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, persons with family care giving responsibilities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.