Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
In this role, with Capital Projects, you can make an impact on the way we design and build our production plants on an industrial scale. You will be a key part of Twelve’s mission to eliminate global emissions and lead the way to a fossil free future through carbon transformation. As part of the Capital Projects team, you will work closely with multiple teams throughout the company to support project and business development efforts, as well as assist with plant design and construction activities. You will work with teams at Twelve while reporting to the Director of Capital Projects.
You will make an impact by collaborating with interdisciplinary teams to provide key inputs and calculations as well as cost estimates for upcoming projects. You are a good fit for this role if you are interested in executing both process engineering calculations and supporting project management activities. We are looking for an engineer with expertise in process scale-up/design who is enthusiastic about carbon transformation. This will be an opportunity to be a key part of a highly collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team. If you are right for this role, you are excited about Twelve’s mission and the prospect of working in a dynamic and fluid startup environment.
What you will do
- Project screening
- Work with intercompany teams such as project development, grants, business development, and finance to provide key inputs and calculations.
- Provide technical and project information as needed for grant applications.
- Run process simulations for HMBs, site evaluations and cost modeling.
- Perform process calculations as required to provide facility emission data, conceptual equipment and facility sizing, consumable and product flow rates, and compositions.
- Manage site due diligence contractors to confirm prospective site details such as available utilities, offtakes, regulatory regimes, product markets, etc.
- Provide technical information and process calculations for the submittal of permit applications as needed for new plants and project sites.
- Provide process discipline input to technical project documents such as: design basis, BEDD, design assumptions and key design philosophies.
- Provide process discipline input to key project management documents such as: project definition, project charters, and PMPs.
- Work within the internal technical team to develop FEED stage equipment datasheets and technical specifications for assigned equipment packages.
- Project controls
- Create high level cost estimates (AACE Class 5 and Class 4) for upcoming projects using data from past projects, vendor quotes, estimates and industry standards.
- Create or help populate pro formas for new projects that calculate IRR and NPV.
- Estimate OPEX costs from available data, site location information and industry standards.
- Answer RFIs from vendors and technical partners. Provide technical information for the creation of RFPs and RFQs
Who you are
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from an ABET accredited university or college.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a process engineer at an EPC, engineering firm, owner-operator, or technology provider.
- You are experienced with process scale-up and process design for commercial plants.
- You are experienced in process modeling software such as Aspen, Proll, or AVEVA Process Simulation.
- You have experience working at an engineering firm as a process engineer (preferred) or working as a process engineer in chemical manufacturing or a similar environment.
- You have experience with regulatory or permitting activities in the construction and operation of chemical or fuel plants.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Your written and verbal communication to internal and external stakeholders are strong.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.
Potential Twelve Candidates, please be aware of potential recruiting scams. Twelve will never ask you for payment or your payment information in order to pursue a career here. If anyone has requested such a payment or payment information in relation to a Twelve position or if you believe that someone outside Twelve has impersonated a Twelve recruiter or employee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and be safe!