Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The fabrication team is a dynamic part of Twelve’s technical team and is responsible for manufacturing the core component of our CO2 electrolyzer. The team works collaboratively to translate research ideas into functioning systems.
As a MEA Fabrication Technician, you will help with manufacturing membrane electrode assemblies (MEAs) for Twelve’s electrochemical CO2 reduction process.
In this role, you will work on a team to iterate rapidly through ink formulations and fabrication conditions to provide quality MEAs for testing at different scales. Quality control and attention to detail are key to our success and forward progress.
What you will do:
- Adhere to applicable safety and security procedures for lab and pilot work.
- Make electrodes for our R&D projects following production specifications.
- Measure process and characterization parameters for quality control.
- Communicate technical information to the team as needed, both verbally and written.
- Communicate status of samples and the fabrication system with different team members
- Prepare coating solutions for daily fabrication, including precisely measuring and mixing wet and dry ingredients.
- Measure quality of solutions by sampling and running quality tests on lab equipment.
- Operate technical tools and equipment to prepare and coat solutions onto substrates.
- Participate in the efficient and effective operation of fabrication lab and processes.
- Actively participate in cross training as needed as well as learning new skills required due to technology advances.
Who you are:
- You’re excited about growth in a fast-paced technical environment.
- You are looking for a position that will give you opportunities to expand your skills in leadership, organization, communication, and teamwork.
- You have some experience working in a laboratory or manufacturing environment.
- You have acute attention to detail, excellent hand-eye coordination, strong time management, and fantastic organizational skills.
- You are an effective communicator, love working with teams, and have a demonstrated track record of following directions or standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.