Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are scientists and engineers on a mission to build a fossil free future, and software is a key part of our strategy for accelerating our R&D, manufacturing, and industrial scale-up.
We have an immediate opening for a UI / UX Designer. This is a remote position, which means that you can work for us while living anywhere in the United States.
We are looking for a positive team player who is excited to contribute to a long-term project that will provide sustained value to the company. You’ll be working on a cloud-based app that is essential to our scientific R&D, productization, and manufacturing efforts.
We care deeply about our user’s experience with our technology. We aspire to design user interfaces that are efficient, intuitive, safety conscious, and provide clarity and insight for our teammates, investors, and partners.
What you will do
- Partner with a diverse team of scientific researchers and engineers to accelerate our R&D and manufacturing efforts with innovative internal software.
- Design beautiful UI components and user workflows that make training easy, data entry and common tasks fast, and navigation through our app fluid.
- Craft new visualizations that help our scientists to understand the impact of experimental innovations, and to improve the performance and cost efficiency of our core technology.
- Design safety-conscious user interfaces for controlling and monitoring our growing fleet of electrolyzers, and assembly lines in our Gigafactory.
- Conduct user interviews, create visual mockups, and refine them with users and teammates.
- Promote standardization and cohesiveness throughout our app with a carefully curated design system, and mentor teammates on best practices in design.
- Partner with engineers to ensure that the implementation is accurate to our design, and our UI is usable on different devices and screen sizes.
Who you are
- You care deeply about our planet, and want to use your skills to help make a difference.
- You leverage your empathy for others to create delightful products and experiences.
- You consider common best practices, and are also not afraid to explore novel solutions.
- You’ve designed advanced apps (scientific, B2B, prosumer, etc) that are loved by users.
- You have meticulous attention to detail, and a gift for representing information in ways that are simple, intuitive, and minimize cognitive load.
- You design responsive web UIs that optimize for the advantages of mobile and desktop.
- You’ve helped to manage a design system, and have made significant contributions to it.
- You are fluent in Figma, and understand how to use components and organize assets.
- You’re a team player who excels in a collaborative environment, seeks out critical feedback, and can clearly articulate the tradeoffs of different design directions.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.