Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
As the Director of Patent Prosecution on Twelve’s IP team, you will lead the patent engineers in working with researchers, scientists, and innovators to identify inventions and coordinate with outside counsel to prepare, file, and prosecute patent applications. In this role you will work with the Senior Director of IP to further develop Twelve’s patent strategy and oversee the management of our growing patent portfolio.
What You Will Do
- Lead Twelve’s team of patent engineers in the preparation, filing, and prosecution of domestic and foreign patent applications
- Personnel management, hiring manager, and prosecution coach of the patent engineer team
- Collaborate on the continued development, optimization, and execution of Twelve’s domestic and international patent strategy
- Oversee the team’s communication with and prosecution direction of outside counsel
- Perform and commission freedom-to-operate and patentability analyses across multiple related technology fields including but not limited to electrochemistry, electrolysis, plant design, material fabrication processes, and polymers and polymer membranes
- Assist the Senior Director of IP in wide ranging patent considerations including portfolio analysis, licensing, and patent procurement activities
- Become familiar with and continually keep abreast of the competitive landscape related to CO2 electrolysis technology
- Educate and train company employees on patent law, invention disclosure and patent process workflows
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding of Twelve’s business including research, products, and product development
Who You Are
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of patent professionals preferred
- 3+ years of experience managing an international patent portfolio
- 5+ years of experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications
- Registered US patent agent or patent attorney
- Masters or PhD degree in a STEM field
- Familiarity with electrochemical technologies (e.g. batteries, fuel cells, electrolyzers)
- Experience with electrolyzer or electrolyzer component fabrication or design
- Familiarity with government grants and contracts is a plus
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- You are adept at working with cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.