Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The Capital Projects Team designs, builds and operates processing plants utilizing Twelve’s proprietary technology. We work closely with Business Development to fulfill offtake agreements for carbon negative fuels and chemicals that we produce.
We are currently looking for a Manager of Operations to join our team. The ideal fit will have a strong background leading O&M personnel, plant managers and plant engineers in a fast-moving production environment at PSM regulated plants.
Reporting to the Vice President of Capital Projects, you will oversee all operations, maintenance, and turnaround activities at production sites throughout North America that use our electrochemical technology to produce transportation fuels and specialty chemicals. You will work with onsite teams to ensure all plant operations and facilities are run and maintained at the highest level of safety, quality and reliability.
What You Will Do
- Hire and manage the operations teams at various sites throughout North America Set the goals and milestones for the operations team, ensuring that they are aligned with the company’s business objectives
- Work with Capital Projects leadership to develop and manage annual budgets and production targets for the plants
- Review and analyze production reports, cost control reports, labor, and facility requirements, to achieve cost effective production and minimize operational delays
- Foster and promote a strong safety culture. Work with operations professionals to create and institute safety procedures and policies that meet or exceed all PSM and OSHA standards.
- Ensure all work is in conformance with federal, state and local environmental regulations and standards
- Work with site personnel to identify bottlenecks, determine root causes, and create and execute plans to resolve issues to achieve annual capacity goals
- Communicate with leadership regarding production issues, safety incidents, logistical concerns, as well as operation improvement strategies to achieve company production goals
- Implement programs or strategies for communication and learnings between different plant sites to ensure all teams are working together and supporting each other to achieve best production efficiencies across the company
- Routinely visit sites for plant performance reviews, safety compliance and training concerns
- Work with operations and engineering teams to find creative strategies for decreasing operational expenditures, increasing production capacity and finding design improvements for future plants
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, business, or other applicable areas is preferred, but not required
- 10+ years of experience working as a plant manager, operations lead or area manager
- Experience working at an OSHA PSM site
- Experience with manufacturing software such as ERP or MES systems
- Extensive knowledge of operational safety programs and regulations
- Experience with managing annual operation and maintenance budgets
- Strong experience with asset performance management, turnarounds, and capital improvement planning
- Experience working in commercial sized fuels or chemical production plants
- Experience with controls systems, and SCADA and historian software
- You learn and adapt quickly, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, management and communication skills
- Ability to work in both an office setting and chemical or fuel plant environments
- Expected travel to be 25-35% annually
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.