Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The business development team at Twelve is seeking an entrepreneurial Senior Manager of CO2 Business Development. The individual will be responsible for building a pipeline of CO2 sources and ecosystem partners to ensure Twelve is able to successfully source CO2 for our carbon transformation projects.
In this role, you would be part of a small but impactful business development team, reporting to the VP of Project Development and Partnerships and collaborating closely with Twelve’s other commercial leaders. You’ll join the team at an extremely high leverage time as we establish our CO2 sourcing strategy for scaling Twelve’s deployments over the next decade. The role will be a great mix of strategic thinking, detailed analysis, prospecting potential partners, and negotiating key project commercial agreements.
The core objectives for the role will be to lead and support Twelve’s CO2 sourcing work, creating and owning the playbook for how we evaluate CO2 suppliers and partners and executing that strategy by visiting partners in the field. You’ll be challenged to build a robust pipeline of high quality CO2 sources that will support Twelve’s rapid commercial scaling. You’ll apply the skills from your prior work in carbon capture, industrial gasses or other industrial project development to help establish the commercial development strategy and operations for a first-of-kind climate technology.
What You Will Do
- Create and manage the company’s strategic framework for how we prioritize competing factors in CO2 sources and sourcing partners
- Conduct desktop research to build our pipeline of potential CO2 sources, including researching local electricity, utility infrastructure, logistics, and other factors.
- Conduct initial outreach and in-person visits with potential project partners to evaluate opportunities and ground-truth information.
- Negotiate project-related commercial agreements in collaboration with internal capital projects and finance stakeholders and external advisors.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant field, such as engineering, business, or operations
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience and demonstrated track record of successful project development in carbon capture, industrial gasses, or related fields
- Knowledge of carbon capture technologies and other aspects of the potential role
- Industry network spanning relevant CO2 suppliers, including ethanol and renewable natural gas
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Geographic Information Systems or advanced data analysis skills a plus
- Excitement about getting out into the field and traveling to sites, up to 50% travel
- Passion for sustainability
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.