Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve is seeking a Production Characterization Engineer to join our Characterization Team. The team provides critical data and analysis to inform and understand MEA performance, quality, and stability, and in this role, you will focus on achieving quality and control in a manufacturing environment as we scale our production. You will develop off-line and in-line characterization methods, identify new capabilities, and install new instruments, generating data essential for different teams at Twelve to ensure the quality of our product and inform manufacturing methods. Team work, communication, and openness is critical to the success of this job.
This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Berkeley, California.
What you will do
- Characterize coatings on membranes in a production environment
- Develop off-line and in-line characterization methods
- Provide actionable data to control coating quality
- Identify, validate, and install new instrumentation to add precision, accuracy, and throughput to measurements
- Understand company mission and lead characterization strategy to achieve key milestones
- Maintain existing characterization tool infrastructure and train new users
- Collaborate across teams involving different types of stakeholders to roll out new capabilities
Who you are
- PhD or M.S. with 0 - 5 years experience
- Background in spectroscopy or materials science
- Strong characterization experience using techniques such as XRF, EDS, SEM, or TEM
- Experience with Universal Robots’ cobot systems is a plus
- Software programming experience is a plus
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.