Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are looking for a Senior Techno-economic Analyst to provide quantitative analysis on our insights team, and drive Twelve’s corporate strategy through high growth. The ideal candidate is someone with experience in building out techno-economic analysis for multiple manufacturing, fuel and chemical processes -- capable of thinking strategically with a long-term outlook, while collaborating with a team to execute on near-term projects.
What You Will Do
- Perform techno-economic and life cycle assessments of carbon transformation technologies—including CO2Made polymers, eJet fuel, and CO2Made ethanol—to uncover cost hotspots and make recommendations to research teams for advancing commercialization
- Create and maintain techno-economic analysis of internal processes such as manufacturing
- Support and create roadmaps for Twelve’s long-term strategy aligned with R&D, pilot manufacturing, and capital project roadmaps
- Collaborate with the various teams at Twelve that enable R&D optimization
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering, finance, economics or a related field at the intersection of technology and economics.
- Masters, PhD or 3+ years of experience in techno-economic analysis, life cycle analysis or a related field
- You are able to quantify net present value, return on investment, financial forecasting and risk.
- You operate with high agility, and can navigate through uncertainty and ambiguity - you love and thrive in a startup environment where change is constant
- You can make a reasonable estimation when information is limited (back-of-the-envelope calculation), and be precise when it comes to longer term project development
- You communicate clearly and proactively, and are adept at working with multiple stakeholders
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.