Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The Productization group seeks to develop innovative new manufacturing processes and automation tools to establish Twelve as a world leader in carbon transformation. It is composed of several teams focused on different aspects of engineering, manufacturing, new product introduction, quality, and customer deployments of our CO2 conversion systems.
Twelve is seeking a motivated, experienced, and knowledgeable Sourcing Engineer. You will be responsible for purchasing off-the-shelf and complex materials and custom designed parts in accordance with Twelve's engineering design specifications. Speed, on time delivery, and high quality of components are key to meeting our development targets. You will coordinate supplier contacts and act as leader on supplier related projects within the Hardware Team.
What you'll do
- Work closely with Hardware and Electrochemistry Team to translate their requirements to suppliers
- Identify and assess suppliers to meet Twelve’s MEA fabrication needs. You will work closely with R&D to qualify potential membrane manufacturers, specialized thin films and coatings providers, specific polymers, cathode, and anode components
- Maintain relationships with reliable suppliers for specified supplies to ensure materials/products meet the requirements of the company
- Establish and negotiate Purchase Orders and Subcontracts
- Expedite materials when required and handle any unanticipated requests or other problems on materials purchased
- Provide accurate information to Twelve on supplier availability, fabrication timelines, and cost forecasts
Who you are
- 5+ years of related experience (strategic sourcing specified materials, commodities, purchasing operations) in manufacturing/fabricating environment
- Experience expediting hardware and/or electrode/anodes/cathodes fabrication and procurement processes for electrochemical systems
- Experience or familiarity with MEA fabrication, electrochemical systems (fuel cells, electrolyzers, batteries), and/or electrode fabrication
- Ability to understand parts and components requirements and convey those requirements to suppliers
- Ability to independently plan, schedule and carry out work assignments, initiate and participate in the improvement of procurement practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to utilize common software packages such as Microsoft Office
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.