Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The Capital Projects Team develops, coordinates, and directs projects in design and construction of processing plants utilizing Twelve’s proprietary technology. We work closely with both Business Development and R&D to implement and scale up our technologies, utilizing EPC contractors for the engineering and construction of large-scale plants.
We are currently looking for a project manager to join our team. The ideal fit will have a strong background in managing design and construction projects in either the fuels or chemicals industries.
In this position, you will manage external and internal technical and construction teams in the design, procurement and construction of process plants utilizing electrolyzers and other unit operations to convert CO2 into a myriad of value-add products. You will maintain responsibility for the overall delivery of projects defined by the scope, schedule and budget as agreed by the stakeholders. You ensure efficient performance on the project by focusing on communication, project planning, scheduling, change management, project controls, progress measurement, and economic evaluation. As part of the Capital Projects Team, you will work closely with researchers, process engineers and business development and help develop and shepherd projects through definition and execution phases.
What You Will Do
- Execute commercial projects safely, within budget and on schedule, in accordance with Twelve’s principles and best practices. Manage and coordinate multi-disciplinary external technical teams, working closely with the Project Engineer to ensure that design, construction, and commissioning activities are completed on schedule and on budget of aggressively scheduled projects.
- Establish project alignment with organizational and client needs. Generate preliminary scope definition for the project. Define and compile the high-level project risks, assumptions, and constraints
- Interface with and manage relationships with EPC companies, vendors, engineering companies, and subject matter experts to design and build large production plants.
- Prepare Project Charter and key project documentation. Complete project organization chart for the execution of the work. Establish communication channels and protocols for the project, the team, and stakeholders.
- Define quality management systems. Create risk management and response plan. Define and implement an integrated change management process and system per company guidelines and standards.
- Review, approve and oversee vendor contracts. Review and approve proposals. Work closely with the procurement team on procurement of equipment and process skids.
- Provide task planning, cost control, and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities related to the project; monitor progress and provide reports for all company stakeholders as required
- Manage stakeholder communication and decision register on cost, schedule, safety, and quality. Monitor and control project risks and regularly update the stakeholders of major developments
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, business, or other applicable areas.
- 10+ years of experience working as a project manager on construction projects.
- Experience with engineering, procurement, and construction management
- A high degree of experience and understanding of industrial construction methodologies
- Extensive experience in the use of processes and workflows in the execution of projects
- Able to assist with client and investor meetings and inquiries
- You have exceptional time management and organizational skills
- You are adept at working with multiple stakeholders and leading by influence
- You learn and adapt quickly, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to work in both an office setting and construction environments
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.