We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Scalable Builds team at Tweag. Do you believe that correct, efficient, and reliable builds are critical for developers to work and collaborate effectively? Do you want to help us push the industry towards better build practices?
You are a tinkerer, who enjoys deliberating and solving difficult problems. You have patience and pragmatism in approach and have a natural ability to adapt and apply the discoveries you make.
You are a communicator, empathetic in understanding your client’s needs and showing care in their individual concerns. You are assertive and precise, able to convey a cohesive narrative of your work and progress; able to read and write issues that clearly explain your proposed changes.
You are an effective consultant: confident, yet considerate. You are able to use open source ideals to execute practical, technical goals and confidently push forward new and principled approaches and solutions.
- Have a great breadth of experience with different platforms and exposure to multiple programming languages and their build systems,
- Are interested in delving deeper into the technological world to further your understanding,
- Have the desire to become an expert in build systems (e.g. Bazel, Nix) in not only usage, but also infrastructure and architecture, and
- Are flexible and adaptable with excellent verbal and written communication skills,
This may be the role for you!
- Work together with client teams on their code-base
- Dig into a build system and identify pain points: helping clients migrate to a system that better suits their needs and scales with their use-case, making their setup more efficient
- Contribute to opensource projects linked to build systems such as Bazel and their extensions, e.g. rules_haskell, rules_nixpkgs, rules_scala.
- Participate in public communication via giving talks, writing blog posts, and communicating with colleagues and the Bazel community on Slack and in mailing lists
Tweag is a software innovation lab founded on the concept of marrying effective consultancy and visible open-source contributions. We help deep tech startups quickly scale their engineering performance and execute on high-risk, high-reward projects. By applying mathematics, computer science, and the methods of open source, we build software more effectively and confidently.
We have a long track record and strong reputation in the functional programming community: in every area of our technical work — in software, data and infrastructure engineering — our practices emphasise declarative solutions, immutability, composition and type-enabled correctness.
We are looking for exceptional people to join our team, who
- Help contribute to a safe environment for asking and receiving feedback,
- Are humble and able to give constructive contributions,
- Will proactively collaborate to explore, define and deliver their work, and
- Can be held accountable.
At Tweag, our engineers are allowed and encouraged to fail as much as they are encouraged to succeed. We nurture an autonomous and driven environment, providing ample support and diverse opportunities for growth.
Tweag is a Modus Create company. Modus is a fully remote IT consulting firm headquartered in the United States with offices in Costa Rica and Romania. We are now 430+ modites spread across the globe, making a difference in the digital business across four core delivery areas: business and product strategy consulting, customer experience, cloud services, and Agile software delivery. We work with some impressive clients in the industry, such as Burger King, Shiseido, Pfizer, Audi, Marriott Hotels, and many others.
Benefits & Perks
- Permanent employment contract for candidates based in France, Switzerland, US, UK, Germany, and the Netherlands.
- Independent contractor agreement for candidates based outside of the countries listed in the previous bullet.
- A Tweag laptop and an onboarding budget for technological needs.
- A visit to the Paris office and an annual team event for employees.