Notice as of 1 July 2022:
The Tweag team has been joined by many amazing engineers this year. As of mid-summer, we have already met our hiring goals for the current period, so we are not currently interviewing candidates. However, you are encouraged to continue to apply as we will be resuming our hiring in Fall 2022, with the goal of onboarding new team members around December 2022.
Tweag is a software innovation lab that helps deep tech startups quickly scale their engineering performance and execute on high-risk, high-reward projects with confidence. We find the best wherever they live, to build better software by applying mathematics, computer science and the methods of open source.
Our core engineering mantras: functional, typed, immutable. These are the key technologies for composable software. We build parts as functions, because functions compose where objects do not. We use types to describe functions, because one type is worth a thousand out-of-date comments. We keep data immutable, because immutability lets us focus on the business logic holistically without getting bogged down by hundreds of corner cases.
Tweag is a major proponent and contributor to new ways of building composable software. We are active contributors to GHC, have full-time researchers on staff to fund new language features (like linear types and dependent types), instigated the creation of the Haskell Foundation, and created many new libraries and tools in Haskell. We are the top contributors to Nix and were the first to be labeled Bazel Community Expert, because we’re passionate about the impact of great developer tools.
We're looking for exceptional engineers to join our team, either remote or onsite at our office in the centre of Paris. Most of our engineers work remote.
- work embedded in a client team on distributed systems, web services, compilers or developer tools, with their engineers and other Tweagers, or
- work on improving our many research and community projects, or
- any combination of the two, either simultaneously or in sequence.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience with at least one functional programming language (Haskell, Scala, OCaml, Erlang, Clojure, etc).
- Excellent coding skills with a high bar for quality and understandability.
- A track record of delivering value autonomously.
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience.
- A desire to regularly communicate new learnings.
- An empathetic, humble, and client-focused ethos.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and task management skills.
Please note that these requirements are only a guideline. Our engineers are delightfully unique, and so are you: we believe that outstanding teams have diversity of background and thought. More than the qualifications listed on your resume, if you're excited to join a fully remote global team that's working to have a positive impact on the software engineering community then we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't align perfectly to what is listed above.