The Whip Media Group of companies is transforming the business of content throughout the global entertainment ecosystem. Our portfolio includes media and trusted technology organizations that deliver immense client value through new data-driven solutions, empowering unprecedented real-time insights. Together, our companies track billions of consumer actions and financial transactions that accelerate innovation for buyers and sellers of content.
We’re Not Your Typical Start-Up
We’ve built an app that millions of users around the world love. We’ve developed a B2B platform that leverages the app’s consumer data that is used by some of the largest players in the entertainment industry, we have a management team that’s run multiple billion-dollar companies, and we’re still only 130 people…for now. We’re growing quickly and have a cool sister company, Mediamorph, the leading Content Value Management (CVM) platform. Want to be the next on board?
How you will contribute:
As a Lead Backend Engineer at TV Time, you will be responsible for continuing to build out our API and early-stage golang microservice projects. This includes setting a robust foundation so our microservices are maintainable - enabling us to roll out new features by bringing principled engineering practices to our systems and be the bridge between front-end engineers and data engineers. We need a strong backend engineer who has worked in complex environments, understands how to design scalable APIs, and is a true builder who will help drive the engineering culture.
How you will contribute:
- Lead the effort to rebuild our backend API in golang microservices
- Integrate new backend data sources from data engineering
- Design and Implement new functionality to our web and mobile apps so we can continue to improve upon our user experience and our quality of data
- Implement best web development practices
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- 3-5 years of backend development experience with high traffic site
- 3-5 years of engineering experience in a typed language, golang preferrable.
- JAM Stack or MEAN Stack experience
- Expert in dealing with both NoSQL and SQL based databases, e.g. Dynamo/Mongo and MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Familiar with how to utilize caching technologies, e.g. Redis, Memcache, Nginx, or Varnish
- AWS/Cloud Experience
- Knowledge about building applications in Lambda or Kubernetes
- Expert in building and troubleshooting microservices
- Extensive experience working in unit testing frameworks and proper testing
- A deep appreciation for software engineering as a craft and an understanding of various styles of development
- Has worked with and/or build distributed systems and integrated production software with 3rd party APIs
What we offer:
- An executive team that is composed of industry veterans with a track record of scaling startups
- 401K, Healthcare, Vision, Dental
- Generous PTO policy
- Free Lunch on Fridays and unlimited snacks!
Whip Media Group is a technology and data insights company that is transforming the global entertainment ecosystem. Our platform helps companies determine how to package, market, track and value TV shows & movies in this new world of cross-platform, cross-device, time-shifted, global viewership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.