The Whip Media Group of companies is transforming the business of content throughout the global entertainment ecosystem. Our portfolio includes media and trusted technology organizations that deliver immense client value through new data-driven solutions, empowering unprecedented real-time insights. Together, our companies track billions of consumer actions and financial transactions that accelerate innovation for buyers and sellers of content.
We’re Not Your Typical Start-Up
We’ve built a unique Content Value Management (CVM) platform for B2B that’s leveraged by some of the largest players in the entertainment industry, we have a management team that’s run multiple billion-dollar companies, and we’re still only 130 people…for now. We’re growing quickly and have a cool sister company, TV Time, the world’s largest TV and movie tracking app with millions of users around the world. Want to be the next on board?
The Whip Media Group tech team is looking for a Principal UI Software Engineer to join! This person will be based in New York City and responsible for working in collaboration with the rest of the Engineering organization to translate high-level requirements and designs into a fully realized, responsive, interactive complex web application that provides a beautiful, intuitive and functional experience for the user.
The Principal UI Software Engineer will be expected to not only be able to design and develop complex solutions on their own but also provide coordination, technical leadership, and mentoring as necessary, to both local and remote developers. The Principal UI Software Engineer will be expected to also keep the larger picture in mind, and be a critical contributor to the overall architecture of our Platform and always be looking to improve and evolve the UI to leverage the latest techniques, technologies, and best practices.
How you will contribute:
- Design and develop the next generation of products at Whip Media Group as well as support and evolve existing applications
- Write and review technical requirements and design documents
- Review pull requests helping to establish development practices and standards for the application
- Mentor more junior members of the development team and help them grow their skills
- Work closely with a cross-functional team on the development of our new platforms and internal tools
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or comparable experience
- Experience building Single Page Web Applications (SPA)
- Deep Experience working with Vue-Vuex or React-Redux frameworks
- Experience working with utility libraries such as JQuery, Underscore or Lodash
- Experience designing and implementing scalable SPA UIs
- Experience and discipline writing tests using Jest, Karma, Mocha, Chai or similar
- Basic understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Comfortable learning and maintaining existing applications and code bases
- Experience working with Bootstrap
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Node JS and NPM
- Experience providing mentoring to other engineers
- Experience with Web Services (REST)
- Experience with: Marionette JS, Backbone JS, and/or JQuery
- Atlassian products (BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence)
- Active GitHub repository with code examples
What we offer:
- An executive team that is composed of industry veterans with a track record of scaling startups
- 401K, Healthcare, Vision, Dental
- Generous PTO policy
- Free Lunch on Friday and unlimited snacks!
Whip Media Group is a technology and data insights company that is transforming the global entertainment ecosystem. Our platform helps companies determine how to package, market, track and value TV shows & movies in this new world of cross-platform, cross-device, time-shifted, global viewership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.