The Whip Media Group of companies is transforming the business of content throughout the global entertainment ecosystem. Our portfolio includes media and trusted technology organizations that deliver immense client value through new data-driven solutions, empowering unprecedented real-time insights. Together, our companies track billions of consumer actions and financial transactions that accelerate innovation for buyers and sellers of content.
We’re Not Your Typical Start-Up
We’ve built a unique Content Value Management (CVM) platform for B2B that’s leveraged by some of the largest players in the entertainment industry, we have a management team that’s run multiple billion-dollar companies, and we’re still only 130 people…for now. We’re growing quickly and have a cool sister company, TV Time, the world’s largest TV and movie tracking app with millions of users around the world. Want to be the next on board?
How you will contribute:
The Whip Media Group engineering team is growing and is looking for a back end Senior Software Engineer to join our team in NYC. In this role, you will be working with a small development team on the design, development, enhancements and maintenance of mission-critical web-based software for major film studios, TV broadcasters, and cable operators in a high-energy, start-up environment.
How you will contribute:
- Design and write new APIs and data processing code in Java or Python
- Create new data models to handle our ever-increasing data volume
- Devise algorithms to handle data synchronization across distributed systems
- Write technical requirements and design documents
- Work closely with a cross-functional team on the development of our new platforms and internal tools
- Design and implement ETL processes that integrate with a variety of customer and third-party data sources
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience with software design and development skills in Java.
- Experience with Spring and core Spring components (especially Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data and Spring Data REST)
- Familiarity with agile development
- Experience working in a startup or fast moving environment
- Experience with data modeling, in both SQL (ideally PostgreSQL) and non-relational technologies
- Experience with git and unit testing
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Experience with data warehousing, ideally with Amazon Redshift, a plus
- Experience with AWS APIs and services a plus (s3, lambda, SNS, SQS)
- Experience with Web Services (REST) a plus
- Experience with a scripting language, ideally Python, a plus
What we offer:
- An executive team that is composed of industry veterans with a track record of scaling startups
- 401K, Healthcare, Vision, Dental
- Generous PTO policy
- Free Lunch on Friday and unlimited snacks!
Whip Media Group is a technology and data insights company that is transforming the global entertainment ecosystem. Our platform helps companies determine how to package, market, track and value TV shows & movies in this new world of cross-platform, cross-device, time-shifted, global viewership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.