This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA.
You can apply to the job with this email address: email@example.com
TuSimple Company Overview
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The Senior HR Data Analyst II, is a data oriented HR professional who builds scalable data foundations at TuSimple, which deliver critical insights and allow for solutions to be created and executed on. He or she helps to create and implement the people analytics roadmap from infrastructure to advanced analytics, and provides input on data reliability, refresh rates, and HRIS functionality. The Senior Data Analyst II collects, compiles, and analyzes comprehensive HR data, metrics, and statistics, for required reporting, and to provide data summaries and analysis in order to support leadership with making people decisions related to retention, salary budget, recruitment, and legal compliance.
They are adept at using various data software and tools, and know how to capture and display impactful root-cause and predictive information in ways that resonate with their audience.
- In accordance with TuSimple’s objectives and policies and employment laws and legislation, develops and implements advanced and overarching data analyses, data collection methodologies, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality of critical HR data.
- Collects and compiles HR people data from a variety of sources including the human resource information system (HRIS).
- Owns all HR people data reporting such as monthly headcount, headcount projection, turnover and attrition, payroll, and employee data changes.
- Creates and maintains visualization tools, including dashboards, and obtains feedback on usability and functionality. Ensures data can be leveraged at the level required to draw insights.
- Maintains the quality and consistency of HRIS database information; analyzes current data processes and needs, makes recommendations for, and implements data system improvements.
- Conducts periodic audits to ensure data consistency and reliability among multiple tools and data sources; provides suggestions for automation of processes (e.g., scripts); identifies discrepancies and suggests solutions and revised data ownership; helps track on-going improvements to mitigate future risks.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets. Develops people metric insights and creates methods for root cause and predictive analysis.
- Assists in coaching and knowledge sharing with Business HR and HR Operations in order to move into a more data-driven function. Provides support on the best way to use reports and other HR tools and technologies.
- Assists in the process cycles for merit increases and bonus disbursements; reviews proposed salary increases and bonus payouts.
- Creates standard management reporting capturing all People Analytics for periodic/quarterly/annual distribution.
- Contributes to a data-driven culture, and mentors more junior members of the broader HR team in regards to data processes.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or Human Resources, or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience in reporting and data analytics, including 2+ years working in an HR capacity/environment
- Deep statistical, qualitative, and quantitative analysis skills, with the proven ability to utilize data to influence decisions.
- Strong ability to perform advanced formulas, power query, tables, conditional formatting, complex pivot tables, VBA and macros.
- Strong understanding of applicable data sources, tables, and data relationships.
- Experience developing and maintaining data in a relational database environment, such as SQL Server DBA 2005 or later versions.
- Previous experience with Paycom, Dayforce, Workday or other HRIS systems.
- Advanced MS and/or Google Suite skills; ability to build, maintain, and optimize complex spreadsheets and meaningful presentations.
- Experience visualizing data and communicating complex information to technical and non-technical audiences; strong foundation in using statistical and data visualization tools (e.g. SPSS, r. Tableau, Python, PowerBI, etc.)
- Solid working knowledge of Human Resources policies, procedures and best practices, including solid knowledge of Federal, State and local employment laws.
- Proven ability to de-construct complex data, concepts, and issues, translating into concise recommendations that successfully navigate to resolution, in an organized and methodical framework.
- Strong analytical execution with thoroughness, accuracy, and focus on data integrity.
- Strong database management skills including the ability to merge, clean and analyze large amounts of data.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent executive presentation skills: ability to extract, analyze and present actionable information from complex research.
- Able to identify risks and opportunities, brainstorm innovative solutions, and drive actions to quick resolution
- Strong ability to actively seek opportunities to consult, influence, build and sustain successful relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs and processes. Ability to generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that generate successful outcomes.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to appropriately communicate with a wide range of individual constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including translating technical language to a non-technical nature.
- Works independently and fosters a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, with proven ability to effectively work in ambiguous environments and support continuous improvement.
- Intellectually curious with a strong bias to action.
- Data-driven, fact-based decision maker with established understanding of business implication.
- Highly resourceful, a demonstrated history of independently locating information and resources necessary to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to confidently present to senior management, the Board of Directors, and outside partners.
- Comfortable working in an evolving and growing environment that is prone to changes, and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience building and improving processes and promoting quality.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines and demanding quality execution.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred.
- Proven ability to maintain steady leadership throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progresive start-up environments.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Preferred Master’s in Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or Human Resources, or a related field.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.