This opportunity is located in Tucson, AZ, San Diego, CA, or Dallas, TX.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
As a Product Management Intern for TuSimple Connect you will work closely with our engineering team and outside development teams to define the features of our cloud application services that support the autonomous driving solution. You will work closely with the truck scheduling and execution team to deliver on time product releases. You will be responsible for developing a product vision and roadmap complete with user stories, acceptance criteria, prioritization in an agile environment.
- Partner with business leaders to develop business requirements and be the technical link between operations and development.
- Develop detailed requirements, user stories, and wire-frames so the development team knows what to build for our routing engine, network simulation tools, asset management tools, or for vehicle and operations applications.
- Provide user interface design ideas when scoping and making decisions regarding user-facing features. Work closely with the UI/UX design team.
- Manage the existing product backlog and help prioritize what will be delivered in upcoming releases.
- Lead sprint planning, backlog grooming, UAT, product demos, and retros. Clear blockers impacting successful engineering team completion of release/sprint goals.
- Work with other product managers to provide the best customer experiences for the product suite and ensure alignment in the prioritization of the work.
- Conduct research to support the requirements/acceptance criteria. Coordinate internal and external product acceptance.
- Conduct the market/policy research, customer survey, competitor analysis to generate product requirements.
- Build cost analyses, business cases, and roadmaps to support future product planning initiatives.
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a MBA or MS degree in Computer Science, Saas/Mobile/Software Development or related engineering field
- 1-2 years of product management experience building and delivering successful products
- Experience supply chain and cloud solution experience
- Experience working with global teams and diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong data driven analytical and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience defining and delivering user stories and story cards, per agile development process
- Experience with supporting web-based software products
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multi-tasking and meet deadlines
- Travel may be required
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
For immediate consideration please email your resume to: