Remote friendly role.
You can apply to the job with this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports the identification of safety metrics for algorithm modules based on unsafe known failure modes.
- Leverages tusimple’s Machine Learning platform and verification tools (simulation, SIL) to verify the defined safety metrics across all known scenarios.
- Leverages existing state-of-the-art industry SW safety standards or guidelines to support the development of the SW safety analysis process and identification of activities.
- Supports the definition of the work packages required for compliance with the safety standards (ISO 26262, ISO 21448, UL4600).
- Responsible for the application of ISO 26262-6 design principles on SW architectures and requirements.
- Responsible for highlighting potential gaps in tusimple’s ML platform or tools and suggesting improvements.
- Supports the safety analysis activities as needed (HARA, FTA, FMEA, STPA).
- Supports the development of SW safety architectures.
- Supports the development of the SW safety concept.
- other responsibilities as assigned.
- Supports the development of a comprehensive SW safety plan for the team, coordination with the project safety manager, product teams, engineering teams, and tusimple's partners (e.g. vehicle manufacturer, component suppliers) and aligns with their project plans.
Experience & Skills Required
- Holds a B.S. or higher degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Strong experience in machine learning, neural networks and autonomous driving software stacks.
- Strong experience in SW development.
- applied knowledge in ISO 26262, ISO 21448 and UL4600.
- Experience working with suppliers and OEMs regarding safety analysis and requirements
- Solid knowledge and experience with autonomous or automotive software architectures, including safety architectures.
- Strong understanding of software simulation, validating software functions, and software safety mechanisms
- Preferred experience working with classic AutoSAR and Adaptive AutoSAR.
- Preferred understanding of software quality concepts and processes (ASPICE)
- Experience deriving technical safety requirements from the Functional Safety Concepts, Technical Safety Concepts, and System Architecture Design.
- Strong experience in C/C++ and related coding standards (e.g. Automotive MISRA or similar)
- Preferred understanding of SOC, AUTOSAR or similar embedded software, algorithms and data structures
- Preferred Familiarity with computer system architecture, microprocessor, and microcontroller fundamentals (caches, buses, memory controllers, DMA, etc.), and supporting electronic circuits
- Preferred experience with configuration management (hardware, its firmware, serial number, hardware, etc.)
- Preferred knowledge of security standards (EAL/CC, SAE J3061)
- Preferred knowledge in operating systems: ROS (robot operating system), QNX, APIX.AI
- Preferred knowledge in compute platforms (e.g. nvidia)
100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
Work visa sponsorship available
Relocation assistance available
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
Stock options / equity
Gym membership reimbursement
Monthly team building budget
Employer-paid life insurance
Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA or Tucson, AZ. Remote friendly during COVID-19
You can apply to the job with this email address: email@example.comInstitute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,