This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Our deep learning team helps autonomous trucks sense and perceive the world. You will play an important role in creating novel algorithms for advanced perception and applying your algorithm on terabytes of data. You will also work closely with other talents in this field in building the next-generation of autonomous sensing algorithms.
- Research and prototype development using deep learning algorithms with a special focus on the perception modules including Camera, LiDAR, Radar, and Sensor Fusion.
- Deliver high-quality and reliable code and integrate with the perception system on the L4 autonomous driving trucks.
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related field.
- 3+ years of research or practical experience in applying deep learning algorithms on large scale and real world data.
- Strong knowledge in deep learning related topics including but not limited to detection, segmentation, 3D perception (image, point cloud), and spatial-temporal analysis.
- Strong coding skills in Python and C++.
- Familiar with Linux and deep learning frameworks such as MXNET (preferred)/PyTorch/TensorFlow.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related field.
- Prior academic or industrial experience for solving perception problems in autonomous driving.
- Track record of publishing in top-tier computer vision or machine learning conferences or/and journals.
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
You can apply to the job with this email address: