This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
- Formulate ill-defined problems with a data driven approach for self-driving truck solutions
- Design and implement algorithms for sensor calibration, pose estimation, and localization with multimodal inputs
- Build rigorous benchmarks to test the algorithms
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and deliver high-quality and reliable code for real-time applications in a timely manner
- Closely collaborate with other teams to design, integrate, and test new additions
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a M.S./Ph.D. program in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics or other related fields
- Solid knowledge and proven practical experience in one or more of the following fields: SLAM, multi-view geometry, sensor calibration, optimization, probabilistic modeling, machine learning, image processing, signal processing, 3D vision, and point cloud processing.
- Strong coding skills in Python or C/C++
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Publications in related conferences and/or journals
- Hands on experience in Computer Vision, Machine learning and Robotics
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
For immediate consideration email your resume to: