This opportunity is located in Tucson, AZ.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
At TuSimple, our Vehicle Control Integration team is an important part of creating our Autonomous Truck system. As a Vehicle Control Engineer Intern, you will be responsible for working on the communication interface between our autonomous system and vehicle controls. Focusing on algorithm development and features of dynamic controls, you will be a key part of helping TuSimple achieve full L4 vehicle autonomy.
- Work across engineering teams to understand and implement requirements for vehicle control.
- Develop features and functions for autonomous vehicle control systems.
- Implement and develop algorithms using C++, MATLAB/Simulink, and other related programming languages.
- Follow ISO26262 and FMEA design processes.
- Perform unit tests for a developing software.
- Verify and validate the developing software before final software integration.
- Support new additions to autonomous truck system including software, firmware, and hardware.
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a MS program in Automotive/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering with a focus on automotive controls.
- Solid understanding of automotive systems include: OBD II systems, brake components, tires, electrical systems, steering system, state safety inspections, engine and driveline components, etc.
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow and C++ or Python is required.
- Hands on experience with automotive control systems in professional or academic projects.
- Understanding and prior use of automotive communication protocols such as CAN network.
- Has CAN tool experiences such as Vector CAN tool, CANalyzer, CANape, etc.
- Has troubleshooting experience for complex engineering systems.
- Has experiences with multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Have experience competing in student automotive competitions such as EcoCAR, Formula SAE.
- Have 2+ years of industry experience in Vehicle Control, Autonomous Driving and/or Robotics.
- Experience in classical and modern control theory such as Model Predictive Control, Pure Pursuit, Envelope Control, etc.
- Experience in Robot Operating System (ROS), ISO26262, FMEA, AUTOSAR, OSEK or BroadR-Reach.
- Experience in software test (MIL/SIL/PIL/HIL, Static/Dynamic, black box/white box/grey box).
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
You can apply to the job with this email address:
Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,